Have you ever forgotten?

Have you ever forgotten to exchange the lost tooth for $$ or whatever it is you give? I seriously almost forgot last week when she lost her first tooth! I went in and did it around 5 am omg!!!!! What a loser!

prettyrayray

Asked by prettyrayray at 3:10 AM on Dec. 18, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• hahah my last tooth got thown away the lady who raised me said heres a five dont tell anyone.
    I fount out in the 1st grade there was no tooth fairy
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 3:11 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I remember I got 50 cents one time in 2nd grade and I said "Jeez the toothfairy is cheap!". I now realize why my mom got angry. LOL
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:26 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• No but one time my mom put money under my pillow and I woke up mad because it wasn't there. Somehow it migrated out from under my pillow and on the floor in between the wall and the bed. I was so upset until they found it for me. lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• my daughter has recently lost 2 front teeth,, the first one we had in a baggie all prepared to put it under the pillow and it strangely dissapeared so who knows where it is ,,, kinda gross huh i have a old tooth hiding around here somewhere,,, and her second one she swallowed while eating dinner,, we are 2 for 2 now i just wrote a letter to the tooth fairy explainign what happened and she generously gave my dd 10 dollars 5 bucks a tooth
    boyer94

Answer by boyer94 at 4:59 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• No, I haven't forgotten. My problem was that I put 75 cents under his pillow, and he came out with 25 cents. I had to try to tell him there was more without actually saying it. So, I'm sitting there saying I remember the tooth fairy giving more money, go check and see if there's more and he's going no this was it. After about 5 minutes of that I'm like just go look under the pillow and make sure, will you? lol
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:01 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Yep, we've done it several times. I just told the kids the tooth fairy probably couldn't get to their pillow because their room was so messy. After that they started leaving them out in the open to make it easier.
    The last tooth we lost was my 8yo last week. My husband deposited on my desk because my son accidentally knocked it out of her mouth (it was really loose already). They all went to bed and the tooth was still sitting on my desk so I put it up where I keep baby teeth (we wrap each one in a little fabric square and tie it in a bow for the tooth fairy) and set 4 quarters on my desk. I told her the next day that I left the tooth there but when I got up I found money.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:08 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I've done that so many times, I just do it right before I wake them up.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:10 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Oh my gosh! My DH and I are sooo Bad at that!!! We just say that the Tooth Fairy must have been so busy!!!! or Sick!! Isn't that awful!!! LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I really like the one about the room being messy!!! Hahaha!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:27 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• We put the teeth in an envelope taped to the door, and I exchange it before I go to bed. My son wakes up really easy, so there's no way to do the switch in his room, especially since he sleeps on the top bunk.
    My daughter hasn't lost any teeth yet, but we'll do the same for her.
    I just tell them the tooth fairy doesn't want to wake them up, since she knows that sleep is really important for being able to run fast and do good in school.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 2:06 PM on Dec. 18, 2008