What's the kindest thing you've done for somebody?

I was friends with this guy named Jessie. He was cool to me, but a total douche to his gf who was a bit homely. He talked down about the way she wore her hair and about how ugly her clothes were. I went through my closet and gave her all of the pretty clothes that I didn't wear anymore. Most of them were new and I knew I'd never wear them. I bought her some really good shampoo, hair curlers, and hair straightener and taught her how to style her hair. Then I ordered some make up for her and showed her how to bring out her good features. She was so happy. She dumped his ass and got a bf who was twice as hot. LOL.

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 3:15 AM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Good for her! That was really nice of you. She probably just needed someone to boost her self esteem and you did the trick.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 3:21 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• That was so sweet of you and she deserved that after him insulting her like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I put a friend in an apartment and paid her first months bills to get her on her feet.

I give blood every chance I get.

I always give as much as I can to charities.

I will buy things I know people need and pretend I bought it for myself and couldn't use it and then give it to them - asking them to take it off my hands like they're doing me a favor - so they don't feel like a charity case.

I've paid a friend's son's college books cos she couldn't.

I've bough groceries for people.

I've let people stay with me to help them.

I've given random people jobs around my house - having them do things that I didn't really need done - so they had money and didn't feel like a charity case.

I bailed my ex husband outta jail - even after he was my ex....lol.

I give and give...lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I have raised money for families in need, and sent them presents. This year raising money for a family for xmas, along with sending clothes to them. Also raised money for a family who lost their twins... just to buy them something nice, and let them know we are thinking of them. I dont know these people personally, but I feel they could use some cheer. One other mother is getting a gift along with one for each of her girls, because she is in need of some cheer as well. Honestly, I do nice things daily for people. May it be smiling at and old person passing and asking them how they are today. Holding doors open for those who need help, donating time and money for great causes... charity and kindness is what I do. I meet people, and if it seems they are in need, even it if it just a smile.. I find a way to make it happen. It makes me happy to know that others are happy as well. Big or small, I take it on.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:39 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• My DH did something really nice recently. We were driving down town and this little elderly lady was out trying to lift this big flag pole with cement plastered to the bottom to it by herself. It had been windy and the wind had knocked it down and she was trying to lift it back up. My DH saw her outside, stopped and helped her. She thanked him and told him how more people needed to be like him. It was so cute.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I try to help any time I can. When I see an elderly person or a woman, whose car has broken down, I always stop and offer the use of my cell phone. I visit elderly people who don't get much visitors and are in 'homes'.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:15 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• My husband, myself and another couple got together and "sponsered" a Katrina family. We paid their deposit on an apartment and their first month's rent.. along with pots,pans, food, handmedown furnature etc. The family was Mom, Dad grandma grandpa and three kids two dogs adn a cat. It was lots of fun and helped us feel less helpless about the situation. I also worked the shelters for weeks. Makes me so thankful for the bed I sleep on.
    CocoMason

Answer by CocoMason at 11:25 PM on Dec. 18, 2008