Self Fullfilling Prophecy??!!

i have anxiety and have this obsessive fear i wont be able to concieve even though i had no problem before. does actually thinking this mean it wil happen or is the "self fulfilling" prophecy relating to something else. I cannot help my anxiety but it worsens it by thinking that it may come true if i fear it or think of it. What do you think?? Only Helpful advice plz!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 AM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Health

• ok i think i get your question.
    Yes anxiety attacks can occur if you start to worrie. I have it badly and dont get help for it. MY mom does and still have attacks.
    you will and can concieve just llike a normal person unless there is something else wrong. IF you feel better go see a doc. tell them your concerns. They also might give you meds for your anxiety.
    I wish you luck
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 4:11 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• so in this type of case i douldn't "convince" myself to be infertile?? i'm i reading to far into this whole "self-fullfilling propecy"??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:13 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Sometimes your mind can convince your body of things that aren't true. Some women want to get pregnant so badly, their minds convince their bodies that they already are, and they start to experience pregnancy symptoms, like morning sickness, cravings and some even begin to lactate. The mind/body connections is very complex. I'm sure if this can happen the opposite can also happen. Just relax, and if you need to, consult a therapist. They can be very helpful.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 4:17 AM on Dec. 18, 2008