Would you accept help from a mom here on CafeMom? Like if your kids needed clothes and a mom offered to ship you some would you do it?

There have been SO many pleas for help here lately with Christmas coming up. I'm just wondering who else would accept help from a stranger. I've seen many women looking for hand me downs and stuff but none seem to want direct help from the women here. ONE woman however did accept my help and her little baby will have plenty of clothes. I would accept help from someone here. Most of the women are genuinely nice women that want to help. I think the thought scares a lot of people though... But here's the thing, ebay is dealing with total strangers and you have to give a shipping address. Why not accept help from someone whom you can see pics of and read about? How about you?

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 4:15 AM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I would.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:16 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• i would expecally if i really needed something.
    i mean i except things from friends so y not from strangers.
    hell your going to wash it either way.
    i would also help them out if i had whatever
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 4:20 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I would if I needed it. I think it's a matter of pride for some people. Pride would go out the window if my baby needed something I could not provide. On the other hand, I would also help anyone that I could. Isn't that what this site is for? Moms helping moms.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 4:20 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I'm taking breast milk donations from one woman. The only bad thing about that is the shipping cost is out of my budget and it's not enough and the milk isn't really enough either but hey..any is good. This other woman offered me diapers too. I haven't contacted her but she asked me to PLEASE take them. So why not? Free diapers, hell yea. Were doing not so good at all financially right now. I'm having to stay with my mother. Sigh..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:24 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Anon if I could afford the shipping I'd send you mine for free! I'm a friggin milk cow. But I know they have screening tests and stuff they have to do.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 4:30 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• You probally wouldn't like the shipping honey. It's like $30 something for 2 day delivery and $50 something for overnight. Most people use over night but i've heard 2 day could be possible too.
    I wish I was a milk cow. lol. I had anemia really bad and it killed my supply.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:42 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• If it's going to help a baby then I would do it. Babies are worth more than $50 for overnight service. =)
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 4:48 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• hugsAww Maryle that's sweet.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:53 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I am a single mom of two teens and I am in desperate need of winter clothes for them. I would definitely accept hand me downs from cafemoms. I've come in contact with some very compassionate moms on cafemom, we all need someone to lean on sometimes. Why not accept help from someone who's genuinely offering?
    SpecialShae

Answer by SpecialShae at 5:45 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Shae are they girls or boys? How old and what size?
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 6:40 AM on Dec. 18, 2008