As, a mother or expected to be mother would you feel comfortable having a professional photographer in the room while you were in labor. I am a photographer trying to research what mom's really think and feel.

Birth and Photography?

LeahJeanPhoto

Asked by LeahJeanPhoto at 4:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i wouldnt feel very comfortable with that. my mother was in the labor room with me, taking pictures, but thats my mother, its a little different.
    Anonymous

• No I wouldn't feel comfortable with that at all. The only people that were in the delivery room with me was my husband and the doctor and nurses.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 4:50 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• No way, I don't care to have anyone but my husband and necessary medical staff present.  Besides that, NO pictures allowed until after the baby has arrived!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 4:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Oh he## No. I don't want any pictures of me in pain or doped outta my mind. Ihated my mIL being there and I think there are more than enough necessary people seeing things I reallly don't want them to see. I wouldn't want a bunch of unnecessary people there too. I always felt it should be as private as possible.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I wouldn't feel uncoforatble cuz I had a doula take pictures once I was in labor with my now 8 year old daughter and I still have does pictures and I can see that the pictures bring me back when I did give birth to my daughter and it was a wonderful feeling that I have done that
    MommyG203

Answer by MommyG203 at 5:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• hell no! labor is yucky!
    Jakesmom000

Answer by Jakesmom000 at 5:28 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I have not given birth yet, but if you would want to deal with my beotching and screaming, me pooping my self while pushing, and such.... then I don't care if you are in there or not. I am one of those women that would be fine having the whole world watch.... I don't care.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 5:49 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Part 1....(not enough room) You know, I think I have a GREAT answer for this question. I am totally shy, a little overweight, and super uncomfortable naked! When I was going to deliver my daughter, my mil, my mom, my sis, and my sil all wanted to be in the room and I told them all NO! But, they were with me all day while in labor and they stayed in the hospital room with me....they were terrific. My plan was to kick them all out when the pushin' time came. My nurse asked me when we were about to really start the party if I wanted them all to leave, and I looked at them and told the nurse, No. They can all stay. Well, I didn't know it at the time but my sil had her camcorder on the whole time. It was facing my mom's purse and that's all you could see, but you could HEAR everything else. When I sat down a few weeks after giving birth, I watched the "purse" and listened to my delivery.
    HomeBoundMama

Answer by HomeBoundMama at 5:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Part 2......It was AWESOME and I was so bummed that it wasn't actually on tape. So, my answer is YES, I would like to have it on film next time. Mommy does all the work but doesn't get to see the beautiful gift come into the world! :)
    HomeBoundMama

Answer by HomeBoundMama at 6:00 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Not a chance. While it was spiritually a beautiful thing, physically it wasn't, so I wouldn't want visual representations of the physical events. Also I think that the medical staff should be unencumbered during delivery.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 6:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2008