help!! what could this be???

my left side of my neck has been so sore the past 3 days i want to cry. i can barely turn my head to the right. its also swollen in one spot.......what could this be?!?!

Ethans_Ma

Asked by Ethans_Ma at 7:15 AM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Health

• i depends on where it it swollen... if it is in the front by ur throat it could be ur glads, there is a very nasty virus around that causes the glad to swell and makes it harder to breath.... if it is in the back of ur neck then you could have pulled something.... you could also have a cold in ur throat and that could cause it to hurt as well...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:51 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Sorry i didnt mean to post anon....
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 7:52 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• A girl in my son's school had pain in her neck and they thought it might be meningitis. But it was just an infection and strong antibiotics cleared it up.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 8:24 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I had that not to long ago (around 4-5 weeks) and it turned out just to be the way i slept and it still does hurt now but it has'nt caused me any problems.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 8:25 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• crick in the neck you must have turned fast to quickly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Probably a sore.injured muscle..heat and ice .
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 11:34 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• You said soreness... sounds like swollen lymph node. Your lymph nodes swell when they are collecting fluid from the body that has some sort of infection. The lymph node is not infected, something else is adn it may be far from your neck. B/c its only one side the node could also be blocked... with no infection... it may go away on its own but if it is hurting badly you should see an md.
    CocoMason

Answer by CocoMason at 12:14 AM on Dec. 19, 2008