i feel like maybe i have postpardom depression

have you had postpardom depression? what were the signs? how did you deal with it? how bad did it get? i can see mine slowly getting worse but i am too afraid to admit i have it. in public i am super mom but in my own four walls i am a completely different woman

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 AM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Health

• If you feel that you have this, you need to speak with your doctor. You really need someone's professional opinion. Only YOU know if you are feeling that way. I've never had PPD, at least I don't think so. But I do have depression and anxiety and it can get "dark". Talk to your doctor and get some help for this, or it could spiral out of control.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 7:42 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• i was suffering from PPD very bad.

it was terrible. please dont mix ppd up with the baby blues.
    i had all the signs that you could possibly get from PPD.

* Feelings of anxiety, guilt, sadness, worthlessness, restlessness or irritability
    * Sleep disturbances
    * Lack of interest in social or other activities you previously enjoyed
    * Lack of feeling or feelings of resentment, anger or fear about motherhood, your partner or your child
    * Trouble focusing
    * Eating more or less than usual
    * Unexplained, uncontrollable weeping
    * Headaches, chest pains of other physical symptoms with no other apparent reason

..continue..
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:24 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• ..cont.

In some cases, mothers may also contemplate suicide or even fantasize about harming their children as well as themselves. Unlike those suffering from postpartum psychosis, women experiencing postpartum depression are highly unlikely to commit such acts.

Its been really bad, and immediately after i started feeling "different" i went to my OB. i refused to take any kind of medicine, because they will make you so high that u cant take care of your child anymore. I went to a therapy and now im fine. it took me over a year.
    m.robertson811

• You are not alone. If you have it you can be helped. Don't let yourself suffer because you don't want to admit it. Its not your fault and nothing you did brought this on you. Take your kids to someone you trust and have them watch them for you and go speak with your doctor. You are not alone and you shouldn't have to be right now.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 9:44 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Contact your dr ASAP. It really is not uncommon, and no one with half a brain will think any less of you. Treating it is usually very easy! Go! Call!
    preshies5

Answer by preshies5 at 11:20 AM on Dec. 18, 2008