How much do you spend on your kids activities?

I posted this yesterday, but I only got a couple responses and would like to know a little more about what other people's kids enjoy and how much it costs for them...so here was the question:

I just enrolled my daughter in gymnastics and it is $42/month (four classes in the month you pay for) but when I registered of course I got the BS enrollment fee and billed immediately for her recital outfit that she wont wear til May...so I didn't leave without writing a check for over $100 and then I had to go buy her a leotard and some "gymnastics shoes" whatever those are! Good thing she has already had her first class and loved it BIG TIME.

Now I understand why my sister used to get pissed about her daughter crying and acting like ballet was torture...lol...the least they could do is like it!!

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 8:39 AM on Dec. 18, 2008 in General Parenting

• My son's hockey costs $3,500 for the season, that doesn't include equipment, extra lessons and travel expenses. Luckily my husband is on the board and we don't have to pay. (I do pay for equipment and travel expenses) I could never afford it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Football runs us about $1,000 a season; DS's other sports run an additional $1,000 in total over the course of a year. DD's activities are cheaper because they're through the park district; about $500 a year. Religious education runs us about $400 a year.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:51 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• our 7 YO DD wanted to take dance classes at the dance school next door, but we realized that her "wants" don't last very long. Instead of paying 300 dollars for a six month enrollment we bought her dance dance revolution for her brothers playstation. Now if we can only figure out how to work it.... :-)
    football, soccer, tennis, etc. we just play them with the kids (they love tennis) got a couple second hand rackets from the junk store in our town for three bucks... tennis balls cost three bucks... that's about all we have to spend anyway
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 9:40 AM on Dec. 18, 2008