How do I get rid of Spiders

I am terrified of spiders. I mean TERRIFIED, and yet I seem to see them everywhere. I kill about 3 per week in my house. Just the yellowish ones. It's not like my house is dirty, I am a pretty big neat freak and wash my floors and everywhere for that matter a few times a week. Is there anything I can do to get rid of them?????

MeeShee

Asked by MeeShee at 8:47 AM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Hedge apples. Every year in the fall (I'm not sure if you could still find them now) we grab a hedge apple and break it open. Then you put the opened hedge apple into a jar and put a netted lid on top. The hedge apple works as a natural insecticide so it rids the house of the things that spiders eat. When there is nothing left to eat the spiders will disappear. If you have little ones or pets though you must make sure that you keep the hedge apple off the floor and away from their paws/hands because it is dangerous to ingest. We use the jar and netted lid as an extra safety measure but it works for us.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 10:27 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• We used to have a HUGE spider problem. We bought a spray (a big gallon thing of it) from Home Depot I think. You just spray it all around the base of your house, inside and out, and around the windows and anywhere else they could come in. I did it one day while dh took the kids out (and I kept the dog outside). Once it was dry, it was fine for them to be in here. It worked great though. We almost never get spiders anymore, maybe one little one here or there. I can't remember the name of the spray, but it has a big pic of a spider on it!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 12:14 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• You can also go to a hydroponic store, I dont know where you live but they sell these things called Pyrithium bombs and its derived from the chrysanthemum plant. just leave and set it off and when you come back its fine. kills anything with an exoskeleton.
    nicholeluvslucy

Answer by nicholeluvslucy at 12:44 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• When we had a termite inspection done I asked about spiders. He told me that spiders come in for two reasons: To get warm or to eat. If they are eating, then there is another bug in your home enticing them in - usually ants.
    You can buy sprays and such to kill them and keep squishing them. Also, check around for any openings around pipes that come into your home from the outside or any cracks or holes that they can crawl in through. Seal the openings with caulking.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:17 AM on Dec. 29, 2008