Today my husband yelled at our 1 year old daughter ?

Today, was so stressful for me!!!
We had to get up early because I had a dentist appointment, and when we got there dd was very very tired, well why I was in there I could hear her screaming and then I was asked to leaver because she was disturbing other patients. It also turns out that, df was yelling at her to stop crying and also yelled at the secretary, to mind her own business. I am sick about this, and we never yell at dd ever and It makes me sick with embarrasment to know that df caused a scene like this.
But is it possible that someone might call DSS on df? I am sick with worry, I love dd more than life itself. I never yell at her or do anything like that, normally df doesn't either, but I am so mad at him right now.
Am I a bad mother?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Jul. 15, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You're worried someone is going to call child services because he YELLED at her??? Yelling at a child isn't that big of a deal.
    Anonymous

• Hugs mama. Many parents raise their voices every now and again. That doesn't make it right, but it happens. It sounds like it was just a really bad morning.

Think about the situation and what about it may have not been tolerable for your husband. You may want to think about different childcare arrangements during your appointments if hubby shows to have a hard time with toddlers.

And, some people just are not good with toddlers anf young-school ages, but they are awesome with the older kids. Not everyone is patient with the same things.

I am so sorry that happened. Give your LO a lot of love, and take comfort in the fact that if there were any other mommies there, they will probably understand more than you realize.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2011

• your not a mad mother and everyone has bad days along with good days. today was your bad day and tomorrow is a new day. I do not think anyone will call about the scene so nowadays people tend to mind their own business and not stop in. Parenting is not easy and maybe your husband was just upset about something and took it out on her. Just take to him and maybe say that the next time she will not calm down take her outside away from people. But your not a bad mother and just having one of those days. I hope tomorrow is a good and happy one for you and your family.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 6:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2011

• Nom your just concerned. And it was a stressful morning. However, df should not have yelled at anyone, and you could have simply got up and left the dentist. I have, because ds was crying and I though, we would give it another shot on another day. As long as everything is how it is supposed to, I don't think anyone will call cps, and there should not be any reason for them to investigate.
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 6:59 PM on Jul. 15, 2011

• You should be more worried he yelled at the one year old.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 6:59 PM on Jul. 15, 2011

• Why did he just not take her outside,, you need to train him to remove a child from a situation is the best idea,,is it his child?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:00 PM on Jul. 15, 2011

• hope you can figure out my answer since just read and did not spell some of the words right.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 7:00 PM on Jul. 15, 2011

• Sounds like tentions where high. I suggest a date night just you and your DH. Everybody has bad days, dear...and I''m not taking your hubby's side. Just saying it sounds like you all three had a bad day. Start fresh tomorrow. But think about a date night for this weekend. That always helps us when we get too stressed. Hugs to you and baby girl.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 7:00 PM on Jul. 15, 2011

• You aren't the bad parent but your fiance is an idiot. Why didn't he leave the office with her and take her for a walk. Wow, you have saddled yourself with a real prize.....

I feel sorry for your daughter. Your jackass of a boy owes that receptionist an apology. What kids of dumbass yells at a tired one year old to stop crying??
    Anonymous

• Thank you all so much!! I know that i was just borrowing problems and I should have planned it better for dd. Df is so good, I just think that it was an off day for all of us.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2011