How much should a size 4 woman weigh?

I am so confused! I weighed myself on a scale and it said 128. Then the next week it said 143. Now it's saying 151. I am still in my size 4's. I haven't gotten ANY bigger. My workouts have gotten more intense, I log more miles than I ever have, and I am doing weights. I am getting really discouraged. I don't know if the scale I am using is broken, or what, but for the love of pete....I am a comfortable size 4, at 5'6 1/2 inches tall. Anybody got any advice? Good or bad, I need to hear it! Thanks!

jenniferoakes

Asked by jenniferoakes at 9:31 AM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I weighed about 125 when I was a size 4; at 117 pounds, I wear a size 0 - 2 (depends on the brand of clothing and how they're cut).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• weight yourself on a different scale.. muscle weighs more than fat but i don't think it would weigh that much more. i am 5'0 and i weight 120 and am a size 4 short
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:37 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I was a size 4 before I had my baby and I always weight between 130 and 140, but my friends who were size 4's would weigh like 110 or 115. I'm just more solid than they are even though we looked like we were the same size.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Get a scale that calculates your body fat percentage. You can shoot for 20% body fat. That is said to be ideal for women. But you'll probably still look good a little over that. Don't try to go under 20% or you'll start getting into the unhealthy range.
    runawaybunny

Answer by runawaybunny at 10:10 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Your scale is broke hon. You can't gain that much weight in that short amount of time. Even if you're increasing your muscle by workouts, you would NEVER gain that much weight in muscle. Your talking about almost 25 lbs in a few weeks!

Even if you were eating like a total pig, you'd have a hard time gaining 25 lbs in that short of a time. IT takes 3000 calories to make a pound. Unless you've been eating 3000 extra calories while sitting on the couch doing nothing for 3 weeks.........the scale is broke. Go get a new one!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 10:17 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• It's muscle, baby! Or maybe there is something wrong with your scale:) You probably have gained some muscle mass, though. BUT, it doesn't matter what the scale says, you still fit into your jeans and are in great shape so that's what matters. Keep running and you can't go wrong!
    miimom

Answer by miimom at 10:29 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• size 4 jeans for me means I weigh 115 to 112 if they are not tight.
    Holdenzmom

Answer by Holdenzmom at 10:36 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Isn't there a big scale at your grocery store? They are usually over by the checkout lanes. Not sure of the rationale there (hey, I just spent a zillion dollars on groceries - let me weigh myself please!) but you may want to use one of those to check your home (obvioulsy broken) scale.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 11:33 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I am 5'7" and i weigh about 128, the normal for around our height is 125-140. I think you need to get a new scale because that just not seem right.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 11:50 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I am 5'4" and wear a 4. I average about 120-125 or so.
    smizzell

Answer by smizzell at 12:37 PM on Dec. 18, 2008