moms i need some advice.my daughter is 8 months and ive worked out but nuthing will work.when it comes to my body i have no confidence.my breast are saggy which causes intimacy problems.i need some suggestions

i breastfeed for 5months and the perk to my breast r good.i had a csection so there also a perminent pudge.help

newmommyjazz

Asked by newmommyjazz at 9:48 AM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• oh honey, my breasts are saggy too and i only breast fed for 3 weeks!! Thats just normal... and i'm still twenty lbs heavier than i was before i got pregnant. you just have to tell yourself you are still beautiful... and that you gave birth to a child and thats why and that should make your SO love you even more! Honestly i plan on getting implants when i'm finished havingi children! I'm hoping to be done having kids by the time i'm 28. =D But with exercising i can't help you because i have no motivation LOL But really its a mental game. Just keep telling yourself your beautiful and it's probably worse in your own eyes... my hubby tells me its not as bad as i think it is ;o)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:54 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I gave birth a little over 4 months ago and i understand exactly how you feel. I am still breastfeeding right now. I was 130lb before pregnancy n was 175 at my peeks. NOw i am down to 148 and still hate my body. I was very athletic and was gym crazy. And as for your workout do about 45 minutes cardio and then light lifting for 3x a week and 3x to 4x of cardio. Working out isnt enough if you dont eat healthy. Remember, after birth it akes about a year for the body to be normal again.
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 11:07 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I know you dont want hear this, but give it time! You will get back into shape the minute you stop being so critical! Once your 8 month old starts running around, Im sure you will be running right behind her. And guess what, those pounds will melt off.
    I have the saggy bobbies too and I HATE them. But a good push up bra gives me that confidence I need. When it comes to the bedroom just dont think about it. I saw your profile and you are a beautiful woman! Never let your insecurities get the best of you!
    MrsKrissyS

Answer by MrsKrissyS at 4:07 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Exercise helps a lot. Definitely do cardio to lose any leftover baby weight, but do strength training to firm up. It even works for your post-baby breasts. If you have bad skin (like me) it won't completely fix the problems, but it really does wonders for firming up your body.

honeyb3

Answer by honeyb3 at 10:01 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• try putting on some cute short nighties and going at it that way. You can get ones that have cute bras and will give you some support and a little coverage, too. Sex doesn't have to be naked, after all, and you can build up to that when you feel a little more comfy.
    Also, get some Burts bees baby belly butter and rub it in every day. it helps with the firming process too.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:19 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I don't want to discourage you from exercising...that's good for you, but I did want to let you know that our husbands aren't NEARLY as critical of our bodies as we are and think they are. I talk to my husband all the time about "what do guys think about" stuff. Just keep exercising, enjoy being a mommy and try to relax...I am sure your husband thinks you are just as beautiful as ever.
    Anonymous

• Once gravity hit only surgery can change them. Just get your bras fitted and move on to your next obstacle. The intimacy and confidence issues are one of the same. Fixing one will fix the other.
    I've lost almost 50lbs. While I still have a ways to go, I feel a lot better physically and mentally. It's a slow process but you have to understand where you are right now didn't happen overnight so it will take time for you to get to where you need to be. Give yourself that time, girl. You're so worth it!
    GL HTH!
    mom2trewife2vic

Answer by mom2trewife2vic at 5:18 PM on Dec. 29, 2008