Planning a trip to Maine

My husband and I have always wanted to go to Maine. We are planning a trip for next year or the year after. Anyone from Maine or ever been have any help to offer? Places to go....places to stay??

cmgIII

Asked by cmgIII at 11:10 PM on Jul. 15, 2011 in Travel

• Maine Weather is SO beautiful in the summer! It is always between 75 and 80! SO nice out right now!!!!

Definitely a great place to visit in the summer! I guess that's way it's called "VACATIONLAND"!! There are beautiful mountains, lakes, ocean views, light houses, B&Bs, historical sites, beaches, etc! Plus great whale watching, hiking, water-rafting, skiing, camping ... not to mention the seafood is amazing!

I've lived here my whole life and enjoy it's beauty every day ... I suggest it to anyone looking for a great vacation!

isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 10:58 AM on Jul. 20, 2011

• I've never been there but it sure looks like a nice place to visit.  Send away for a guidebook here.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:34 PM on Jul. 15, 2011

• Acadia National Park is nice as is Bar Harbor in the summer. Very beautiful there, my sis lives in Bangor.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:48 PM on Jul. 16, 2011

• go to the maine dept. of tourism. They will usually send you all the info you need and can tell you what special events are going on at the time of your visit. I have never been to Maine but I hear it is a beautiful state.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:09 AM on Jul. 20, 2011

• Never been but hope you have fun
    B00boo

Answer by B00boo at 8:36 AM on Jul. 16, 2011

• Thanks so much!!! Just sent for my guidebook. I got one before....like 2 years ago maybe but I suppose I do need on that is up to date!
    cmgIII

Comment by cmgIII (original poster) at 12:23 PM on Jul. 16, 2011

• Even if you go in July or August bring warm clothes. It can be chilly up there even in the summer. BUG SPRAY is a must. Make sure you have tons of space on your memory card because you'll want to take a million pictures. Bring a passport in case you want to pop up into Canada (since you'll be so close anyway).
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 10:07 AM on Jul. 19, 2011

• hope you have a good time
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:12 AM on Jul. 19, 2011