Which is more important, size or weight?

Which is more important....how much you weigh or what size you are in?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I have herd that, when loosing weight you should be going by how many inches you lost. Not how much weight you lost. Because muscle weights more then fat.

Answer by louise2 at 9:54 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• both are important to ME. i want to be back down to a size 0 and weigh 100 lbs again
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:55 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I believe weight is just a number. There are plaenty of people who are in shape like Brad Pitt he s not fat but guess what according to his BMI he is overweight. Muscle weighs more than fat. So I would say the size. But then again when i want to know how Im doing i get a body composition done.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 9:56 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I would say it'd be size. The number on the scale doesn't do anything for me if i still wear a huge size. After this baby gets here, i'm working on weight first then size.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 10:04 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• size. for sure. There are too many factors that change the number on the scale, like if you have a full bladder, if you're breast feeding, what time of day you weigh yourself, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Size. Because if you can't fit into what you want--it doesn't matter how much you weigh!!! BUT even more important is being healthy at whatever size. You can have a size 1 woman who is not as healthy as a size 14!!!! So take care of your health and your size will take care of itself--and don't worry about the scale if you are feeling good and wearing what you want!! When I was teaching at a gym and got to a size 0 (because of depression) I WAS NOT healthy. When I pulled out of it, got back into my healthy lifestyle and wore a size 8--I was a lot healthier!!

Anonymous

• Well you can't just go by weight. My ideal weight is somewhere between 160-170 lbs. (obviously I'm tall) That same weight on a person a lot shorter might make them obese. You have to go by size and BMI etc. Also, it is possible for a heavier person to be much healthier overall than a person who is skinny. What you need to worry about is HEALTH and then size. Weight is just a number.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 10:13 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Weight is just a number, baby.

If I went by my weight, people would think I was a morbidly obese fugly cow.
    But since I go by my size...people understand that I'm actually large framed, and that muscle weighs more than fat. Woohoo.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:23 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• neither its being and feeling healthy
    foxymama21

Answer by foxymama21 at 4:02 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Neither- it's about liking what you see in the mirror and being healthy. I'd rather be a fit healthy size 10 and 140 lbs ( at 5'5") than a flabby, soft size 4 and 120lbs.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 10:25 PM on Dec. 18, 2008