Has anyone tried weight watchers? good or bad stories welcome

I NEED to lose 45 lbs. I tried Slimgenics and lost 20lbs but gained it back and then some because it was all veggie eating and 800 calories a day.. I can't maintain that .. so I am back up (plus 4 lbs ) to where I was last year... I HATE it and its affecting my marrige ( because of how I feel about me, not because my DH makes any comments) I don't want to try another thing and fail but I feel this could be more "real life" eating.. anyone?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 11:38 PM on Jul. 15, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I want to do it but can't afford it, I have a friend that swears by it and she tells me everything she has learned and she has lost alot of weight. one thing to is do not give up and do not go on fancy diets. What happens is you go on those fancy diets and loose then return to regular eating and gain it all back. Weight Watchers teaches you change and how to keep the weight off.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2011

• I have not done it but everyone I know who has, lost weight. It's almost like it's guaranteed!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:07 AM on Jul. 16, 2011

• I did it before the points system changed. I was online only, as meetings around here are so spread out. I liked it, it was an easy way to keep track of what I was eating, getting enough servings of everything & whatnot - but I felt like I was eating more food, more often. I did nothing else with it, no exercise or anything - just simply changed up my diet, and lost 20 lbs in 3 months. I find other sites to be just as helpful with keeping track of food & stuff but if you're able to get to meetings, it's a really good plan!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Jul. 16, 2011

• MIL and I have joined the Body by Vi Challenge. Since July 3rd, MIL is down 13 pounds, from 325 to 312. I am down about 3 pounds and about 4 or 5 inches last time i weighed and measured. If you want to check it out, inbox me for MILs link. We have people on the challenge that have tried weight watchers, nutrisystems, etc.... and they didn't care for them.
    mama2three717

Answer by mama2three717 at 3:34 PM on Jul. 18, 2011

• apparently weight watchers has just approved the Body by Vi shakes on their point system!! whoop whoop! :P lol
    mama2three717

Answer by mama2three717 at 12:27 AM on Jul. 19, 2011

• I did WW and lost 80 pounds the first year.
    LadyAsh4

Answer by LadyAsh4 at 2:44 AM on Jul. 20, 2011