What does it mean when there's blood in the urine ? 31 weeks and 1 day pregnant i need some info on this quick ? A little TMI

Ok on thursday i had a appointment with my ob and she said she saw a trace of blood in my urine but that i didnt have an infection so she sent me to Quest which a lab and i did another urine sample but she wont have the results in until early monday morning and yesterday morning which was (FRIDAY) i woke up needing to pee really bad so i went and it burn so bad and a little bit afterwards it started getting really itchy down there so everytime i pee it burns and it itches really bad im thinking i might have a yeast infection but my mother told me it would of up showed up yesterday in the urine so i dont know whats going on have any of you ladies been through this situation and if so what was the outcome but i dont know what to think im gonna go to the ER first thing in the morning cus i cant wait till monday morning if something is wrong i want some kind of antibotics but any advise or suggestions would be great .

alexia_09

Asked by alexia_09 at 1:31 AM on Jul. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like a UTI. I'd put money on it. It's not that serious, it's really common in pregnancy, but you will want to treat it. You can start with tons of fluids (a gallon of water a day!) and cranberry juice.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:34 AM on Jul. 16, 2011

• Get that taken care of ASAP! If not treated, it can be dangerous for you and your baby (kidney infections)

http://www.babycenter.com/0_urinary-tract-infections-during-pregnancy_9403.bc?page=1

tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 1:46 AM on Jul. 16, 2011

• It's probably a UTI as Ati_13 said; I'm glad that you are going to see a doc, you can get medication and you won't have to be uncomfortable, that gotta go feeling, w/burn is awful! Sorry, I hope you feel better fast!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 1:48 AM on Jul. 16, 2011

• It definitely sounds like a UTI to me as well. Your doctor should think about getting what is called a clean catch. They use a catheter to obtain the urine directly from your bladder.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:19 AM on Jul. 16, 2011