Has a random stranger done something at Christmas for you that made you smile?

Last Christmas I was shopping with my friend and my 4 year old daughter. She was very thirsty, she takes a lot of medication that makes her mouth dry. So I went into the barnes and nobles Starbucks and stood in the spot where it says"line starts here" forever and no one would help me, and then finally a employee there said "can I help you?" I ordered an apple juice, and she said "oh you are in the wrong line" you have to go to the other side, where about 50 people where in line! I was desperate and begged her just to ring up the juice and she refused. I went and told me daughter we were leaving, and then someone tapped on my shoulder. It was a man, and he handed me an apple juice and a coffee, and said" here Merry Christmas" He was in line and heard me and bought it for me out of kindness. to this day it makes me smile. Has a stranger shown you kindness before?

WishyClarkson

Asked by WishyClarkson at 10:39 AM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Holidays

• I was in line at Burger King the other day, and there were these 2 little girls (where there parents were I have no idea) They wanted an apple pie, but only had enough money for one. Noticing I told them to order 2 and I paid the difference. To see the smile on their face over a simple apple pie reminded me what Christmas was all about! Merry Christmas Everyone!
    prettyeyedmommy

Answer by prettyeyedmommy at 11:48 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• My kids school sends home forms at Christmas that if you need help with Christmas you can get it. This yr, b/c I've been out of work for about 8 mths, I signed up for it, just so there would be something under the tree. The school called me when the stuff came in, and I was expecting like 2 gifts for each kid, but there was this big huge box of them. That made me smile, b/c it was much more than I expected, and it will make my kids feel better. Hopefully, next yr I'll be back on my feet and be able to do this kind of thing for someone else who needs it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Not a random stranger recently, but...I run an in-home daycare and one of the parents just gave me a $500 check yesterday morning. It flew me for a loop!!

I don't think anyone has ever done something that nice for me!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Last year I was at Wal-Mart before Christmas with one of my twins (4 months old then), and a very nice man insisted I cut line in front of him even though I had a full shopping cart. I was so glad he did, because my baby was getting tired of shopping and would have had a melt-down if we'd taken much longer.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:05 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I just wrote a journal post about this yesterday. A woman came up to me in the parking lot and handed me a $100 bill "from Santa" and just walked away. Bless her, whoever she is.
    cedailey

Answer by cedailey at 12:56 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• A few years ago when my now-ex-husband was deployed to Iraq, a soldier rang my bell and dropped off a huge box of toys for my kids, from Santa.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:25 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• A few weeks ago I was shopping at Wal-Mart after work with my son's girlfriend and another friend. Well we got seperated and I decided to check out. When I finished scannin my stuff I reached into my pocket for my debit card and realized I had my ID instead. I had left my debit card in the card. There was a guy in line behind me and I apologized that I'd have to have the clerk cancel the sale so it would be minute. he said "No just leave it" and he paid for my stuff for me along with the quart of oil he was buying. He said he had to leave for the Seattle airport and was in a hurry. I never got his name just hugged him and said thank you
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 6:34 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Wow I've never experienced help like that from a stranger but am overjoyed to hear that there are people like that our there!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:30 PM on Dec. 19, 2008