I am 10 weeks preggo and dying to hi-light my hair. My roots are really bad. I have heard mixed reviews about dying your hair when you are preggo. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

clueles446

Asked by clueles446 at 10:46 AM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My Dr. said bleaching(highlights) would be okay but not to put color on it's the chemicals in the color.
    CarrienKansas

Answer by CarrienKansas at 10:48 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I was always told that you should wait until the second trimester just to be on the safe side.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 11:02 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I would wait until after you give birth, to be on the safer side. Don't want to risk your babies health for your beauty.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I was told to wait until the 2nd trimester, and then only highlight with a cap. Also they say not to b/c of your hormones are so crazy that the color my not come out as you wanted it to.
    heatmac4

Answer by heatmac4 at 11:34 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I was in beauty school while I was pregnant and I was fine! I dyed and hi lighted my hair constantly.
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 11:35 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I guess it depends on your doctor. My doctor said no hair color at all throughout the entire pregnancy.
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 11:36 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• my dr. told me that i can color my hair after the first trimester
    ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 11:40 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I am a hair stylist, and I colored, bleached, highlighted my hair while I was pregnant and my kids are fine. Not to mention I was around the chemicals all day long the entire length of my pregnancies. I have never seen color ulter bc of pregnancies, but I have seen bad things happen with perms! I say go ahead and do it. It will give you a pick me up. But if you still unsure talk to your doc.
    prettyeyedmommy

Answer by prettyeyedmommy at 11:42 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I work in a salon and this is a HUGE NO! Most salons wont even do a color on a pregnant woman. The chemicals are horrible for a baby! Please do not do this. It isn't as bad farther along in pregnancy but it is still very highly not recommended at any stage.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:03 AM on Dec. 19, 2008