pain...

I'm 28wks4days, last night I was laying down for bed, I got gas like pains [kinda like 'period PAINS' [not really 'cramping'], anyways, they were pretty uncomfortable and i'd feel them like making my legs tingly...i talked to my midwife and she asked me if my belly hardened, i said no [only under my belly button area, but i figured that was where the baby was since it wasn't my WHOLE belly]....anyone else experience this ever?

[i am gassy and bloaty, i'm constipated b.c i have to take damn iron pills for my anemia] could this be a factor?

Cowbell88

Asked by Cowbell88 at 10:59 AM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I don't rember those kind of pains but I have those now as I am all types of fuckered up in the tummy region from the iron pills and hte painkillers and the antibitoics, I would most certaintly say being constipated could cause those types of pains. Did you tell the midwife under your belly button was hard? If she did'nt seem concerend I would'nt worry aboout it much. If it continues tho, call her again.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 11:04 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• i think it's from the constipation. you will probably feel a lot better when you "go"

I've had this before, from constipation. Ask your midwife about a flax seed or multi oil supplement. I take 3 a day, and it really aids constipation. If your midwife doesn't know enough about supplements, then ask her to give you a list of things you can't take. I know a lot more about nutrition and supplements then my midwives (i'm a nutritionist), but ask her first.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 12:29 PM on Dec. 18, 2008