Have you ever been to?

Dublin, Ireland? where are some places you would recommend to go to while there?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 9:56 AM on Jul. 16, 2011 in Travel

• I'm going to Dublin August 8th and can't wait! We're going to the Guinness Brewery, we'll see the book of Kell's and take a day tour to Newgrange (ancient ruins). Also there are day trips to Wicklow/Glendalough that are supposed to be lovely but we're heading West so no time for that.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:43 PM on Jul. 16, 2011

• I would LOVE to go there. My heritage is Irish/Scottish! If I could go anywhere - you nailed it! They have some beautiful castles there and I would stop by a traditional Irish Pub! Get a travel guide sent to you for free ... just go online and type in Dublin, Ireland and ask them to send you travel mag's on the best places to see!! Have fun!! :o)
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 10:41 AM on Jul. 16, 2011

• Yes, we went a couple years ago and it was a lovely city! The only bummer was that I found out I was pregnant just a couple of weeks before we went and couldn't drink any Guiness! Who the hell goes to Dublin and doesn't have a pint of Guiness?! *sigh*

Unfortunately, I found out that the beautiful little restaurant we had dinner at for my birthday has since closed since the economic turn down, which is a shame. There is a little shop called Queen of Tarts that is a GREAT place to stop and have tea and a pastry snack while you're in the area. For authentic fish & chips, go pick some up at Leo Burdock's and sit and have lunch on one of the benches at Christ Church. Elephant and Castle in the Temple Bar area was great for breakfast, and full of locals.

St Stephen's Green is a lovely park to stroll through. There are a ton of churches to tour if you're into the stained glass windows, etc.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 3:48 PM on Jul. 16, 2011

• tell me all about it when you get back OK!!!
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 7:32 AM on Jul. 17, 2011

• never been but i hope ya have fun!
    B00boo

Answer by B00boo at 8:27 AM on Jul. 17, 2011