HELP! I feel like I'm losing my mind!

A couple months ago I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism.My level was over a 13 nd shoulda been under a 5.They put me on 50 mcg a day.Went back about 3 weeks ago and my level was 15,it had went up instead of down! They up'd the dose to 75mcg a day.I cant sleep when I do i have crazy dreams,eating like an elephant,and having really bad mood swings. Anybody have any info that can help me????

Momof4Gr8Kids

Asked by Momof4Gr8Kids at 11:02 AM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Health

• i'm so sorry. i have hypothyroidism too. i have been taking synthroid for it every day since i was diagnosed. I ran out over a week ago and just have not been able to pick it up and i am feeling about the same as you. just keep working on it until you level off. sometimes it takes a few months. and you HAVE to stay on the meds. for ex., since i haven't taking my prescription for a week, i feel lethargic, depressed, etc. hormones are a nasty thing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I have been hypothyroid for over three years now - I tend to feel like that if the dose of my synthroid is incorrect. It did take me several months to be regulated after I was first diagnosed. It takes a long time because after a dose change, it takes about six weeks to see the full effect of the change. You will eventually feel SO much better though - it will be worth it - good luck!
    jen61204

Answer by jen61204 at 3:55 PM on Dec. 19, 2008