need help with my ten year old daughter.

my ten year old will not keep her room clean like I tell her to. She lies a lot and does things at her own time . She throws her undies away when the are dirty. I juast do not know what to do I have talked to her punished her and even had her dad and my sisater do the talking but it is no use. What can I do? Are all ten year old girls like this. HELP!

carltom

Asked by carltom at 11:02 AM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• This is what my mom did to us when we wouldn't clean our rooms for awhile: she would go through and throw away EVERYTHiNG that wasn't in it's correct place. Like anything that was in the floor, stuffed in the closet or underneath the bed. She only had to do it once, and from then on we got our room clean when she told us to, especially when she threatened to throw our stuff away again.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:02 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• maybe an allowance for cleaning her room may help good luck.
    jamie2000

Answer by jamie2000 at 3:34 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Keep her door shut. But............if she refuses to clean her room she goes NO WHERE and NO ONE comes over. Take the TV and computer out of her room. Sometimes sticking to our guns is the hardest thing in the world as a parent. If you truly stuck to this and unless she has a mental disorder and doesnt like to leave the house or have friends over..........she will clean her room. YOU are the parent and YOU have to stick to the game plan.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 6:40 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• is better ,she not allow go out, no tv, no cell phone and most all things she love that she not allow use. if she did clean up than allow few. still have clean frist or no allow for eveything she love. Act nice to her and smile all time while she mad. same i dont care if my niece mad at me. im away said "

too bad. u cant have it. Have fun at your room untill u be free. you cant be mad me forever cause i love u alway be my girl. Have fun to be mad me forever."
    whoishotmama

Answer by whoishotmama at 7:43 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I don't know if ALL 10 year olds are like that but mine sure is! You can't even see her floor. I have tried everything so if you find anything that works let me know!
    Adria71

Answer by Adria71 at 8:02 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Our boys have a nightly cleanup, they know no one goes to bed with a messy room, so at 7:30 they cleanup and then it's story time and then off to sleep...I feel keeping a schedule helps them. They know what to expect. Sometimes it goes off track but most of the time it works... I don't feel an allowance is needed. They have a warm, clean home to live in, food to eat and don't want for anything they need. That's payment enough in my book...
    cheryl4martin

Answer by cheryl4martin at 12:22 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I wish that was my only problem getting them to clean their rooms.Mine do that.I have a chart an a check list beside each thing.An five dollars is what they earn at the end of each week.IF EVERY BOX IS CHECKED>if not I take money away.At precent each chore is worth 10cents.As for the undies.She is afraid for you to see them so she trashs them.Each night at bath time have her show you her undies an make sure she changes them.Go into the bath room with her an dont be mean.Show her how to clean her self an say now keep doing that till you dont have any thing on the paper.She may think she is clean an didnt get it all.I have 9 so being hard on them makes it hard on you.Pick your battles.Because trust me greater ones are yet to come.I hope this works for you.Its worked for me.GOOD LUCK
    Anonymous