will lifting 40 pounds cause my water to break?

I'm 35 weeks pregnant with my second child and my 40 pound 6 year old wants me to pick him up. I just was wondering if anyone knew if this would cause my water to break ? I haven't been lifting him for awhile now but it was just something I was wondering.

TMegerle

Asked by TMegerle at 5:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It's not a good idea to lift your 6 yr old at this point. It could be dangerous for you and the baby. Sit and hold him to comfort and get in some quality one on one time before the baby.
    ChattyWifePlus2

Answer by ChattyWifePlus2 at 5:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• i don't know if it will make your water break but it is definatley not a good idea. my son's are 6 years apart and i stopped picking my son up while i was pregnant. i would sit down and let him sit on my lap. or next to me. hope this helps.
    kristyann

Answer by kristyann at 6:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• No, you don't want to lift anything more than 10 lbs. your 6 yr old has to wait till the baby is here.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 8:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• You could really hurt yourself... I don't know if it would make your water break though.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 10:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Don't lift that much! It's unsafe during pregnancy!
    MomOfTwo1978

Answer by MomOfTwo1978 at 6:45 PM on Jul. 18, 2008