What are some good options for dressing a bay picture window?

We don't want traditional curtains and we need something to block light totally to keep glare off our TV. It is a four panel bay window. I was considering cellular shades with a sheer scarf and side panels to frame it, but it's odd shape and large size are making it difficult for us to find appropriate materials.

elwalters77

Asked by elwalters77 at 5:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Home & Garden

• How about Blinda you can place in front of it & only pull when you need to!? I have A 4 bow window with just sheers on it! I have A Jungle of Assorted plants like Burros Tails & jade plants growing lushly in mine. With A picket fence minuature & it looks pretty! But you can't move them!! Good luck!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 10:59 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I'm not sure what cellular shades are, but the idea of a sheer scarf and side panels sounds good. Or, you could get roman shades for the windows and dress the tops of the windows with either a valance and drape some pretty flower vines across the top or just go with the flower vines. You can get some nice, realistic looking ones at places like Michaels or Garden Ridge.
    mybritt

Answer by mybritt at 5:52 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Have you thought about 2 way film? From the inside you can see out perfectly but from the outside it is either dark or mirrored or black. You can get rolls of it at the home depot. The also have frosted glass and colored tints as well.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I saw something on the Style Network and went to check it out myself.. You can go to Lowe's.. Its an adhesive to apply over windows... You can get all types, even stainned glass.. I priced it last night about 24.99 a roll... Have fun!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 9:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2008