daughter in drivers ed and now behind the wheel with teacher.. she needs to practice and im sooo scared to take her out drivn, my husband takes her now and then, but how do i get over my fear of her learning how to drive??

angelfeather071

Asked by angelfeather071 at 11:27 AM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Hard for me admit, but my husband had to teach our daughter how to drive. I wasnt doing her a favor by trying to teach her. I made her more nervous than needed. So I admited this was something that I just couldnt do. Hubby did all of it. In fact I think it made their relationship better.
    Mom always taught everything, This is the one thing she can say her Father did. I still worry alot wth her on the roads, but she is a great driver and very responsible. So it all works out in the end.
    Yebbers

Answer by Yebbers at 3:19 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I think it's something you just have to DO. My mom was absolutely terrified of driving with me. She was constantly slamming on the "invisible" brake on the passenger side (lol). Do you have a backyard she can drive around in? Or an empty parking lot? Maybe if you go with her off-road for a few times, it'll help your fears. But pretty much the only way you'll get over the fear is to just get out there and do it.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:30 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• i refused to drive with my mom because she was so freaked out, like you are. it never got better. i always drove with my dad. start with parking lot.. but why not let dad take this one for a bit
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 12:19 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• If her dad seems to be going with her then thats good but the inportant thing is she needs all the practice she can get .
    desiraee20

Answer by desiraee20 at 12:25 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Just relax, and if you are nervous, it might make her nervous. So just relaxe, I am sure she knows wht she is doing, they say girls learn to drive from their mothers. At least thats what Ive heard. lol
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 4:02 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• All moms worry as same as you but try learn trust her and is ok be nervous or worry.. dont hold ur feeling, just let go and tell you my husband to cheer u up somewhere for fun. What if you was teenage, your mother worry about you but not tell you how she feeling. I know
    whoishotmama

Answer by whoishotmama at 7:14 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• my parents wouldn't ride with us, until we completed our driver's ed course...
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 10:03 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I would have her complete the course and let the professionals handle it at first. Just make sure your insurance policy is up to date!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:43 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• i think they should raise the driving age. the human brain is not even capable of operating a car until the early 20's . when my kids old enough to drive, i will have to start taking sedatives.
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 2:38 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• why dont you go with husband when he takes her out?
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 3:13 PM on Dec. 19, 2008