Sporadic Contractions?!

35ks and my contractions aren't "regular" this is what they have been doing :
8:55,9:15, 9:45, 10:00, and 10:25. Should I call my doc and let them know what is going on or just keep track of them???
Thanks,
Shawna

Babyclark08

Asked by Babyclark08 at 11:37 AM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My doctor told me if i had 4 or more in an hour to call him. If you're gut tells you something is up then definitely call. Good luck!
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 11:40 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I'd wait it out. mine was about the same like that for a few weeks prior to going into labor. you should have another appt. with your doc. soon anyway. they'll check you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Since you're at 35 wks... a little bit on the early side... yeah, I'd call. They may want to admit you for a few hours just to do some monitoring & check your cervix.

Sporadic contractions is how labor starts. I was in labor for 3 days with my first-born. You know how they say to wait until they're consistently 5 min apart? Yeah... I did that. By the time I got to the hospital, I was dilated to nearly 7 cm already.

Being 35 wks, you're probably looking at a smaller baby... a little easier descent into the birth canal ---- 10 cm might sneak up on you.

G'luck!
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:48 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Also i feel like I need to "use" the bathroom, im not constipated but i sit and nothing happens... related?? This is my first baby?!
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 11:54 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Drink plenty of water! Those could be Braxton Hicks Contractions....... I started getting into false labor w/my first and last child-because I didn't drink enough water.......... Hope that helps!
    MR777

Answer by MR777 at 12:08 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Call ur doctor right away!
    Anonymous

• i would at least let them know.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 12:17 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• braxton hicks, we all have them and they come and go like that
    Anonymous

• I know what braxton hicks are and these aren't it. These stop me in my tracks and cause me to double over and start crying!! They are the real thing
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 12:22 PM on Dec. 18, 2008