Karma? Do you believe in it?

Ok, so I frequent quite a few forums and message boards. Well, there is this place where there were 2 particular ladies that were pretty rude know it alls, especially to me when it came to pets (it is a pet forum). Pretty much disregarded everything that newbies said.Turns out, one of the ladies has died from a mysterious illness that no one can explain and the other I just found out today, her house burned down, dog got ran over and they r homeless amongst other issues.

As far as the lady dying,I wouldn't wish that on anyone, she had young kids and I'm sorry for her family, however when they posted a place to say nice words, well I didn't post because she was NEVER nice to me. But I am sorry for her children.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• So, just to be clear - you get out of the universe what you put in it? Children who are abused - is that their karma forcing them to suffer? What about grandmothers and cancer - is that karma as well?

I don't think that you really understand. There are things that happen to people that are just a part of living in a life with free will. Karma or reaping what you sow would not be on the children that are abused but on the abusers. Grandmothers with cancer? Who knows? Reaping what you sow involves you doing an action and mattering on what you have chosen, you will get back what you have put in.
    floyd835

Answer by floyd835 at 2:58 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• cont

These ladies were rude and crude, they strived to rule the board & never considered anyone elses input on anything. The board knew this but you know how boards are when it comes to regualrs vs. a newbie...you get ignored! Karma?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Yeah... I have to say I do believe in Karma. Could hit a person immediately.... years from the offense... next life, even.... but if someone deserves it, it IS coming.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:42 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I believe in Karma. It just happened to my son this morning...(okay, this story is true but part of me is kidding about the karma part happening to him). He's walking and he walked in between the chair and the wall. He scrapped the paint on the wall with his nail and I said, "No, no, don't do that." He got this cheesy little smile and did it again, harder and two times. Then turned and smiled at me again, got ready to do it and the chair fell on him (he was not hurt at all except for his baby pride).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Yep, I believe in KARMA!! Always have and always will...
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 11:48 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Yes I believe in it.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 11:52 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• You you get back what you Put into the world. I wouldnt exactly call it Karma. eh...maybe..

Galatians 6:6-8

7Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature[a]will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 11:55 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• ((op here))
    There is an old high school friend who put me down about having my children in my teens and how she's glad she's waiting and that good parents wait until they have careers and so on. Well, she had a miscarraige when she did get pregnant. She did go on to have a little girl (who is adorable) but now her marriage is failing, they are separated and her husband is tired of her greedy ways and has moved out.
    Oh btw she has no career, doesn't have a job OR an education. She was a highschool drop out.
    In her case, I am NOT sympathetic.
    Anonymous

• I totally believe in it. But I am careful not to predict it for someone else, only myself.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 12:12 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Yes I believe in karma- essentially cause and effect, with each cause producing an effect and each effect in turn becoming the cause of future events. I do think there is a difference between karma and punishment... for instance if someone is a nasty person and thus her friends turn away from her and she ends up alone and sad that is an example of karma. If someone is a nasty person and then one day is walking along and gets struck by lightning, I don't necessarily think that the person was struck down from on high for being nasty, kwim?
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:32 PM on Dec. 18, 2008