Considering the economy and the state of our nation, how do you feel about bringing another child into this world?

For those who are pregnant, TTC, or thinking about having another child in the near future...are you scared/worried?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Dec. 18, 2008 in General Parenting

• We are pregnant right now and I feel pretty good about it. We are doing well financially, we don't have any loans...we own our house and cars...I would be much more concerned if our jobs weren't stable, if we didn't have money in the bank, or if our bills were out of control.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:59 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• God..i posted this a few weeks ago and had to delete it because all i got was...reproductive rights..the economy will overcome these difficult times..ect..Good Luck..All I got was bashing and was told it was none of my business if others wanted to have more kids.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 11:45 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Yikes! Well, I just want to know how people feel about it...I'm not trying to imply anything whatsoever, so I hope it doesn't get taken that way.

Thanks for the feedback ;)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I personally wouldn't want another child right now, but if you have the means then that's fine. It depends on your personal situation. I would hope that people would consider adoption more so now since there are so many little ones that need good homes!
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 11:48 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I am 30 weeks pregnant with my fifth child. I think we will eventually overcome this and it will be fine. We are handling it good and we are not on PA.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:23 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• OP..Maybe it was the way that I worded it..I think I said.."why do ppl keep having more children in these difficult times while our country is at war and there are child molestors in every neighborhood...ect" My fault..
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 2:04 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Oh and to actually answer you..I have a 9 year old and 9 month old, and I am finished..life is just to hard these days..I worry about what type of future my son will have ..I shouldn't have to fear things of that nature. I should worry about if he will find a woman to treat him right, not if he will make enough money to feed his family or if he will be able to find a job.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 2:07 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I am so existential that I often worry about things like genocide, the impact of our greed and consumption on the environment, about toys being manufactured with harmful chemicals - the relationship between raping our natural resources and the connection to violence towards women and children...ect. I am too analytical. I also worry about over population and the reduction in accessable resources. So I choose actively not to bring any life into this world. With that said, I do choose to parent children that others have created and brought into this world already. I also keep in mind how many children I am capable of parenting with my time, attention, patience, and financial well being. I want the best life possible for the family that I have and I give it a lot of thought daily. I must also mention that because of that I do take medication for anxiety. It's a trade off.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:55 PM on Dec. 18, 2008