He hasnt been here for 9 months. why does he think he has rights now?

He has provided no emotional support, no financial support, has a girlfriend, and wants to be in the delivery room when our daughter is born in 18 days. Am i mean or is he stupid?

Kellyandkatie

Asked by Kellyandkatie at 11:50 AM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• well it is still his kid but he is still stupid lol just so you know you have the right to not let him in the delivery room all you have to do is ask the nurse and they will tell hm he cant go in regardless of being the father. However if you want him to pay childsupport you better make sure he sighns that BC or its going to be a pain later cuz you will have to prove hes the father by DNA.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 11:54 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Just like he has the right to ask because it is his child too, you have the right to say no. Tell him he can wait in the waiting room. The doctor and nurses won't care what he wants, they are there to take care of you.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:55 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I wouldn't let my son's father be in the delivery room. I totally know how you feel. PM me if you want to talk.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 11:59 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I'd really have to know more about your situation in order to intelligently answer your question. I can tell you that I am very saddened that your child is going to be born into this world without a loving daddy. If you have a girl, she will miss being the apple of her daddy's eye. If you are having a boy, he will miss having the footsteps of his daddy in which to follow along. While I am the one who was home with my children and consciously taught them, they are all way more like their daddy who provided for and loved them. If this man is remotely interested in being that kind of example to your child, I believe you should at least give him at chance.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:08 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• He is stupid. It is your time to give birth, if you don't want him in the room, don't let him. But you do have to let him see her. Sorry.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 12:19 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Do what you want to do to make it a peaceful delivery. Also, asap file for child support and let him be responsible. You might want to remind him the delivery is an important thing in your life not some entertainment for him. I'm not sure he's as much stupid as he is selfish.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:58 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I was in the same boat hun! I totally know how your feeling! He left me when I was 5 months pregnant and then all the sudden was just back around! I swore up and down I would never ever let him in the delivery room, but of course I did, and we are back together to this day! When our baby girl came out his heart fell to the floor and he was a changed man. BUT I know all men are not like that, and you DON'T have to let him in there if you don't want. If you want to tell him he can wait right outside the door! Or depending how bad your case is, he doesn't have to be at the hospital at all!!! Its all about you girl, don't let him ruin this wonderful moment in your life!!!
    Anonymous

• HE IS STUPID!! If ya'll are not together, and you are NOT on good terms, don't let him be in the delivery room!!! I am in a similar situation, and I am going to say no to my "sperm donor". GOOD LUCK!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 5:04 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• This may sound bad, but when my first son was born, I had a new boyfriend and I still let my son's real dad be in the delievery room with me. It was VERY akward to say the least but I was kinda torn between who I wanted to be with. Now that I think about it, I really would have regretted it if he wasn't in there. I am not with him, I'm married to the boyfriend. Just think about it. Will you regret it later if you tell him no?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Dec. 19, 2008