Whats another name for kids to call their dad?

I dont like "Daddy"!!! My boyfriends son is 5 and still called him daddy and his mom mommy and that drives me crazy!!! I hate kids calling their parents that I feel like its really little kid ish or its what stuck up kids do!! Im gonna be called momma! And I need another name for a dad. Or can someone teach me how to make them stop calling us mommy, momma and daddy?

TalinJax

Asked by TalinJax at 9:28 PM on Jul. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• Seriously? It's his kid. What does HE want to be called?

Then that's what he should be called.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 16, 2011

• Wow. That's, well, something. If you don't want your kids to call you mom, tell them from the get go what you do want them to call you. Mommy and daddy, seriously?! I STILL call my mom MOMMY & I'm not stuck up, never have been, never will be! It's what the CHILD is most comfortable calling their parent(s).
    something_

Answer by something_ at 9:32 PM on Jul. 16, 2011

• I hate it when I'm called mother....sounds so cold and I am far from cold. anyway there's pops, papa, old man I don't know what is good for a dad to be called these days
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 9:33 PM on Jul. 16, 2011

• "" I feel like its really little kid ish""

he's five, he IS a kid... just because you dont like it doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to call his dad that... IMO
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 9:36 PM on Jul. 16, 2011

• My DH wants to be called dada or papa.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 9:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2011

• My 4 children call their father, my husband, Papa. And I'm called Mama.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:43 PM on Jul. 16, 2011

• See but he is a kid but Daddy is like a 3 year old thing to me!! And he wants dad but how do we get there? Like we are trying with his kid now but how do we get it more to just dad not daddy? Just keep saying things like "Dad went to the store" will that help him get that its time to call him dad? I had older brother and sisters and my mom said that we learned from them. Where his son has no one other. And he doesnt want to be daddy anymore. Its time to start school so its time to grow out of that phase. And Im pregnant and just wnted different names to think about.
    TalinJax

Comment by TalinJax (original poster) at 9:45 PM on Jul. 16, 2011

• I love momma!! I think its soo cute!! I like papa! Alot!! Thanks!!
    TalinJax

Comment by TalinJax (original poster) at 9:49 PM on Jul. 16, 2011

• I have a friend who calls her dad "Poppy". I always thought that was endearing.
    Ilovebooks123

Answer by Ilovebooks123 at 9:51 PM on Jul. 16, 2011

• Seriously? I'm in my late 20's and I still call my dad "Daddy." Not because its childish, or I'm spoiled, but because it is a sign of affection. I happen to think it has a very sweet and endearing sound. I guess you could always go with Father...nice stern, cold sound to it.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 9:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2011