how long should i wait to take a P T ?? I'm not suppose to start until the 23rd

i am kinda hoping for a baby..Although it wasn't our plans to try.. but the DH didn't do his manly duty while my time of ovulation... I just hate to wait and see if i'm going to miss my period.. I hope i am not getting my self all excited for a big let down... What do you think?

emturner

Asked by emturner at 12:16 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• The earliest you can test would be 10 days past ovulation, so at least wait until then because testing before then would give you a negative no matter what. Even at 10 DPO you may still get a BFN. So you 'should' wait until you miss, but really, who has the patience to do that?

I'm in the same boat as you, though, we aren't TTC but I think I may be pregnant, so I really hope I am because I won't get another chance until we decide if we can TTC in April! I've already wasted 4 tests this month testing too early, so learn from my mistake!!!
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 12:20 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• you need to wait until at least your missed period! :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 12:20 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Don't get all excited, your stress and anxiety level will sometimes postpone your period. Don't take it too soon, I would wait and see if you start. Don't waste the money on a test when nature will tell you anyway. Good Luck!
    ketha04

Answer by ketha04 at 12:22 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I wouldn't test early. If you do then you make get a negative but its really a positive . It will more than likely register ifyou wait until your missed period.
    lisab7982

Answer by lisab7982 at 4:46 PM on Dec. 18, 2008