If your water breaks in the middle of the night would you go to the ER or Birthing Center?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Mine did, It broke at 1:00 am, since I didn't have any pain yet, I went back to bed. I woke my husband up around 6 and we left for the hosp (Not the ER) Call your doc, they'll tell you where to go.
    ketha04

Answer by ketha04 at 12:19 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• you page your OB, and they'll call Labor&Delivery ot let them know your coming.
    DON'T go to the ER, they'll send you right up to L&D anyway, or they'll be idiots and try to tell you, you have a UTI when you're in labor like they did to my friend, ha.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 12:21 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Happened to me at 2 AM. I wasn't having any pains either. I called our Birthing Center and asked a labor and Delivery nurse if I should come in. She said I could wait at home until the contractions began. We went in at 5 AM and I was already dilated to 7! My son was born at 7 AM .
    RandJsmom

Answer by RandJsmom at 1:27 PM on Dec. 18, 2008