Can I wear my wedding rings when I deliver?

Kennedysmom210

Asked by Kennedysmom210 at 12:20 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Most doctors recommend that you do not wear any jewelry in case there is a reason for emergency c-section or surgery. That is what my doc said.
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 12:22 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I'm sure some hospitals are different, but I was able to wear my rings when I delivered. Cesarean may be different, I don't know.
    theitalian3721

Answer by theitalian3721 at 12:22 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• i wore mine with my vaginal delivery...had to take it off 4 the c- section
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 12:23 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• i was allowed... but unless they wanted to cut it off it wasnt coming off.. my fingers were soo swollen
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 12:24 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I was told the ONLY jewelery allowed to wear was wedding bands. =]
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 12:26 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I had to take mine off for my c/s. It depends on the hospitals. I put it back on ASAP though I feel strange without it.
    spunkymomof3

Answer by spunkymomof3 at 12:29 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• When I was in the hospial with my dd the IV was in my left arm and my WHOLE arm got swollen and they took the IV out and put it in the other arm in 10 mins the sollen didn't go down so the had to CUT my WEEDING RING off. The used a salter iron to get it off. And I couldn't sue them cause I signed a releash paper saying they are not at fault for any jewrly or belonging that I have in the hospital. (They will get you to sign that paper b4 they admit you to the hospital
    moviestartaal

Answer by moviestartaal at 12:30 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I was able to wear my wedding ring with both my deliveries. I also wore my contacts which all my friends said i would have to take out. It depends on the doctor and hospital I guess.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 12:34 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I was able to wear all my rings when I delivered (I had my son vaginally). They just asked me how many I had because they make sure you have all your jewelry before you leave.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:57 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• i hope so cuz they'd have to cut my finger off my wedding ring hasn't come off for months my finger is too fat. i would hate if they had to cut off my ring cuz thats like 50 bucks to repair. sometimes in surgery they can tape over the ring. my mom had surgery and they taped her rings that wouldnt come off
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 1:31 PM on Dec. 18, 2008