Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do I talk to my son about his pot and cigerette smoking.

My 14 year old son is useing pot again, we tried tough love the first time , but did not work I do not know what to do now. I rally want to yell at him, but I know that won't get me anywhere. Do I grownd him, call the police, contact the other users parents please help me


Asked by shelly57 at 12:23 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • Honestly, if you come at him in a negative way, you will get a negative response. No one likes to be told what to do or threatened. It gets you no where to do that. You should really sit down with him an listen to his point of views about his drug use. You would be amazed about what you will hear. - I myself struggled with addiction - which started out with weed and than lead to heroin. Now by the grace of god i have been clean off EVERYTHING even alcohol for almost two years. You just have to be there for him and get him to open up. Offer rehab to him and other programs.. like narcotics anonymous.. they offer meetings where he can go and talk about his addiction and it helps for wen he comes across cravings of wanting to get high... if all else fails... than tough love is the only way... but taking things away and "punishment" will fuel him to just do it spite you.

    Answer by kwiseman19 at 4:17 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

  • Rehab.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

  • Yep if he keeps doing it, tell his butt you will report him...!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

  • Give him rules and consequences! Stop giving him spending money, get him into some rehab program. Also tell your son that unless he stops smoking pot he will not be allowed to drive while he is a minor. Why allow him to drive stoned to get into a car accident and kill someones child? I would also contact your sons friends parents. Good luck to you!! Never give up on him!!


    Answer by mommiedear at 1:48 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

  • if u want i can help u out with a list of meetings around your area... where are u from?... just give him this suggestion... and support him through it...take him to the meeting and just have him try it out... even if he went to rehab they have these meetings... nothing ever hurts to try.... \

    if all else fails... because he IS underage... take him to ur nearest ER and tell them about whats been going on with his drug use and out of control behavior and they can urine him and 302 him..... 302 is police ordered... he would get sent to either a rehab or another facility.... without choice.... let me know how it goes.

    Answer by kwiseman19 at 4:23 PM on Dec. 18, 2008