anything wrong

okay my hubby and are in disagreement. imagaine that. this is our daughters second christmas she is thirteen months. she has never been a dress baby she had a dress last year and of course i will keep it forever. but i don't see the point in going out and buying a christmas dress when first she doesn't like them and second she will only wear it once. she has a dress here that i think is darling and she actually doesn't mind wearing it but it is black and my husband doesnt think she should wear black on christmas. what do you think

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 12:33 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Just for Fun

• The black dress is cuter! yeahh I would just let her wear that. This is my son's first Christmas and I did want to buy him an outfit just for that but hubby said do it later, luckily a family member bought him an Christmas outfit as an early gift! I was going to say if you're not tight on money anyway just buy it, but then again, she doesn't like it so just stick with the black dress. You could always dress it up even more with the perfect shoes, socks, hair, stuff like that!
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 1:38 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Oh, it's all in fun & those pictures in the pretty dresses are so precious --- especially when she's a teenager LOL

I say unless you're strapped for cash... get the dress, take the pictures... then maybe give the dress to someone who couldn't afford it.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:36 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Black is a formal color and I think it would be fine for christmas.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 12:36 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• go to my profile i just added a picture with her in the dress. what do you think
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:37 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Dress her up. She is only a baby once. Wait til she is a teenager and see what she walks out of the house in! Not only that, but they change their clothes at school to look "cool" and you don't even know it. Enjoy every bit while you can. They grow too fast and she is too little to be arguing over stuff.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 12:39 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Well to tell ya thruth...I wouldnt put it on her.. Just keep it for keepsake.. Also i think black is fine for Christmas.. An i wouldnt make her wear one if she doesnt want to... She might be pulling it up all night showing her tights off.. LOL You can get nice pants suites for little girls.. Go that route...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 12:41 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I feel the same as you I hate buying something that will only be worn once. What about a nice outfit(not a dress) that she can wear again.
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 12:42 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I saw the picture and I think it's cute. Just do what you think. I searched all over for the perfect picture for my son's first professional pictures only to pick a picture that was a head shot. You couldn't even see most of the outfit. It's your little girl that will make the picture.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 12:45 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• okay give me a minute i have an out fit i want to wear on her but he doesnt like it i am going to take a pic and add it to profile give me about ten minutes i want your opinions.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:46 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• i agree with you, get her a new outfit for the day but nothing with holiday print so that you can rewear it over and over, i got my son the cutest sweater from old navy on sale and it is not ever xmas colors but it is really stylish and cute and will look good in pics, i also got him snowman pj's for the morning pics, festive but reuseable... nothing wrong with practicality.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:51 PM on Dec. 18, 2008