help me please?

ok my daughter is 7months old and has no teeth or crawls yet! well she gets on all fours and rocks back and forth but instead of going forwards she kinda goes backwards a little bit? is that normal? she doesnt go back to the dr till feb for her 9month check up! and she's been teething since 2 months old but nothing has come out her gums doesn even feel like a tooth is trying to break thru!! ugh it frusterates me because everyone elses baby has teeth and crawls but not mine and i had her on time. her dr said that it was normal when i took her in a few wks ago but i dont know..im so new at this . i dont if its normal or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is normal. both infact. some babies get their teeth late. and most babies i've been with crawl backwards before going forward. I work in a daycare.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 12:41 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• every baby is different and they crawl and get teeth at different times. my son crawled and walked early by 9months he was walking but he didnt get his first tooth in till he was 10months and then it wasnt even a bottom front tooth it was a top fang tooth lol. Dont stress she will crawl when shes ready and get teeth when its time for her to.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 12:41 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Awe.. Dont worry mama... They all come and go at diff times.. As for the crawling, heck yeah my cousin crawled all around backwards for like two months.. They fig it out on there own.. No worries... As for teething; i wouldnt be to worried... Just keep giving her oralgel, and beef jerky... Thats how i Jesse through...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 12:49 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• my girl will be 11 months right after Christmas and doesn't have ANY teeth not even trying to come through yet. So yes that's ok. With the crawling my oldest DD crawled at 6 or 7 months and the baby just a few months ago started to crawl and now she stands but will not stand alone or try and walk around furniture or anything yet. So it's just when she decides.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 12:51 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• It is completely normal, calm down! My cousins baby didn't get her first tooth until she was almost a year old. She's about 2 and my son who is 1 has the same amount of teeth as her. Every child is different! With crawling, most kids go backwards first, don't ask me why, the just do. She'll do everything when she wants too. Kids can be stubborn that way. When my son took his first steps he was 11 mnths. old, but wouldn't walk anymore after that. Then about 2 weeks later he just let go and hasn't stopped since. It takes time for them to get it all figured out, just work with her and be patient! Don't rush it, they grow up to fast!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 1:00 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• My daughter is also 7 months, no teeth (but teething since 2.5 months) and not crawling either. Its very normal. Dont pay attention to the milestones as much... they are annoying. Just know your baby will get there... They all do eventually... or you'd see adults crawling through the mall. :)
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 1:23 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Both are normal. My dd didn't get her first tooth until 1 year. Now, at 19 months, she has 9.
    Anonymous

• Totally normal, my son is 10 month old and didnt have any teeth until he was 8 months. He teethed forever and then finally 4 came in at once!! He also crawled backwards before he figured out how to go forward. enjoy this time cuz once they figure it out their into EVERYTHING! :)
    mmbryan88

Answer by mmbryan88 at 6:26 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• lol, don't worry about it, that is PERFECTLY normal, my daughter was the exact same way she rocked on all fours and went backward just a little bit, she willl be crawling any day now :) and as for the teeth, my daughter didn't get her teeth til 8 months, and they come fast too, she got the 2 bottom ones at the same time, now she is getting the 2 on top, i had my daughter 2 days late and she was 8 1/2 lbs, size and b-day doesn't matter, = D
    i wish you all the luck, your doing just fine : )
    Trinity32188

Answer by Trinity32188 at 1:16 AM on Dec. 19, 2008