If your child is to the point to where they know to potty in the pot. And they get a pull up on and poop in it? Do you think it's ok to make them sit in it for a little while??

She has pooped in her potty 3 times, she pee's in it all day long. When she has to poop she get's on a pull up and poops in it. I have tired talking her into sittin on the potty. Bribs and everything, even pick her up and put her on the potty. But she screams and throws a fit and wont poop...?? Any suggestions

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• get rid of the pull ups maybe just keep them for at night but not where she can get to them herself. She wont wana poop in her big girl panties plus its way nastier if she does she wont do that but a couple times befor she relizes its better to do it in the potty.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 12:51 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• NO. Would you want to sit in your poop for a while? That's not going to teach her. My son was potty trained and pee'd in the potty by age 2, but would not poop in the potty until he was 4 because he was scared to death of pooping in the toilet. The doctor said sometimes kids are like that and it is normal. What got him to finally do it though was this: He was at daycare and the teacher told him for every time he pees in the potty she would give him 1 m&m and for every time he poops in the potty she would give him 5 m&m's. For some reason, that worked for him and he was out of diapers about 2 months after turning 4. Don't make that baby sit in her poop for punishment, that's just not cool. She will go when she is ready. Encourage and praise her, don't discourage and punish her.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 12:54 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Get rid of the pull ups and use regular pants so they feel it more. I don't recommend leaving them in it b/c if their bottom starts to hurt it's going to be that much harder to keep up with potty training.
    Anonymous

• I knew when my son was pooping, but I always waited til he said something to me about it. What I finally did was get him a package of real underwear, but i kept the little package they came in and whenever he would poop in his pants i made him throw them away then later on i would clean them and after he "threw away" all his underwear, I had to "buy" another set at the store. He didn't like having to throw away his underwear, so he learned pretty quickly, I would say in about three or four weeks.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 1:47 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• My daughter has been potty trained for a few months now. She pees just fine in the potty but loves to poop her panties. She doesn't care if they are panties or pull ups, she just doesn't like to go poop in the potty. I know when she is pooping but I can't get her to go! I have no idea what to do! Let me know if anything works for you! Good Luck!
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 2:15 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• no i don't b/c then your teaching him its okay. If you take it off, and put it in the potty when you notice it you teach him that poop belongs in the potty.
    AngieAvila

Answer by AngieAvila at 3:07 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• my dd did the same thing, its just a part of learning..i would try the getting rid of the pull ups till night time
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:36 PM on Dec. 18, 2008