Oh my gosh my son peed on my floor...

My 3 yr old son know where the toliet is and yes he been potting in the toliet but now for the last 2 days i have caught my son peeing on the bathroom floor and know the kitchen floor. ugh!! anyone ever go threw this and how did they fit it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Is he doing it on purpose? I'd show some discipline and sit or stand (whichever he does) on the potty for awhile after he does this, so he knows that on the floor is not the right spo (Even if he doesn't have to go). My daughter peed on the floor once but it was an accident and she flipped out crying because it scared her. Good luck, potty training definitely takes lots & lots of patience!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 1:15 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• it sounds like he is waiting too long to head to the toilet.
    with my dd once i see her doing the potty dance i say "Ok - everyone on pause" then i tell her to go to the bathroom and then when she gets back i say "Ok- everyone press play" she has gotten the idea that she wont miss out on what she is doing if we "pause" and then when she gets back everything will resume where she left off. Most kids that are potty trained go through this because they think that they will miss out on the game, movie, activity, etc.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 2:01 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• After my son had been potty trained for a few months, he starting peeing in places other than the toilet. He was fascinated by our heating vents in the floor (let me tell how much fun it is to clean those...), the kitty's litter box and outdoors...My nephews did the same thing and I chalked it up to 'a boy thing'. I explained to him that we only pee in the potty and after a few times, the novelty wore off and he hasn't done it since...hopefully I'm not jinxing myself!
    HalloweenTwins

Answer by HalloweenTwins at 8:01 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• ask him why he's doing it, when my ds was little he used to pee on different bathroom surfaces "cuz it sounds cooler mommy!"
    Anonymous

• Both my boys went' through that stage, I once caught my oldest boy who was 3 at the time, standing at the bathroom door aiming for the toilet (a good 5 ft), of course I ended up having to scrub the entire bathroom and wash the shower curtain. I started standing him in the corner if I caught him doing anything innovative that wasn't in the toilet. . . and now my youngest boy, who just turned 3 has started to do the same thing. .. I caught him peeing into a ball of socks . . . . I just figure that is when they hit the age when curiosity gets the best of them, and it becomes more fun than chore. . . just explain to him that it's NOT ok, and if he does it, use some form of consequence, he's grow out of it.
    Panditacjp

Answer by Panditacjp at 10:30 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• When my son was first potty trained, he would draw pee pictures EVERYWHERE! My house smelled so bad like urine, because he would whip it out anywhere and start peeing. I would spank him when I caught him in the act and take him to the restroom. It was short lived, but it was very aggravating. You just have to keep reminding him where he is supposed to be going!
    LilMae.N.MDJr

Answer by LilMae.N.MDJr at 10:23 AM on Dec. 19, 2008