Anxiety relief... What do you do?

I have horrible anxiety attacks all the time. I try deep breathing but it hardly ever helps. I'll take a xanax now & then, but it always comes back! Any relaxation tips? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Health

• Xanax is only a 4 hour pill.........which is why I use it. Anxiety is a lifelong thing until you find the deep seated cause of it, and start working on repairing it.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:22 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I have the same problem and take Atavan, which I think is the same as xanax. I listen to relaxation music often and try to take "time outs" when I can. It also helps to talk to someone, even if you aren't looking for advice. It helps to just "vent".
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 1:22 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Exercise is also great because it releases endorphins that make you feel better.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 1:23 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Xanax. I had bad anxiety attacks after we lost our daughter.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 2:25 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• behavior therapy, and talking about my problems w friends just venting out! the more u talk the less anxious u get, also excersice and dancing!
    nellibatel

Answer by nellibatel at 3:27 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I am taking prozac and wellbutrin and seeing a therapist. Since I have been put on meds no more attacks for me. When I would get an attack I would take deep breaths, remind myself this attack will pass. I had to go outside for fresh air & quite time. Having an attack is very scary. Good Luck.

Anonymous

• I take Celexa. Nothing else worked and my anxiety was causing pretty severe chest pain.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:57 PM on Dec. 18, 2008