How many gifts for a 3 yr old

I normally spend way to much for my daughter's birthday and christmas. This year she is the big 3 and i bought her 5 gifts for Christmas.. Do you think that is enough. For her 2nd b-day i spent 200 and she used the toys about 1 day then they got lost...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Holidays

• i am limiting what i buy - mainly because she already has a room FULL of stuff - but also because they play for like 20 min with new toys then forget about them.
    we are getting her some additional legos, coloring books, pjs, etc.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 1:44 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I think its more of a budget thing plus what your child really needs. I usually sale hunt months in advance so I won't have to cut back in quality or quantity but I think 1 or 2 items are just as fine. christmas is not about how much you give a child!
    glossyblack

Answer by glossyblack at 3:53 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• We got our three year old books, puzzles, and games. A few smaller toys also. We got her 2 year old sister a few toys as well. They both got a new bedding set in the characters that they like and we got a few bigger gifts for them to share.
    Anonymous

• I cut way back on the amount of gifts this year for my kids this year too (4 & 2)...not only because I always spend too much and buy too many things- but because they already have a lot and don't appreciate what they have as much as I think that they should. I bought them each about 8 gifts and 3 games that they can play together.
    Anonymous

• I agree with glossyblack. I got my 3 year old 2 presents this year. I think budget and what the child needs is a big factor too. Mine already has tons of toys and books for entertainment.
    Fairlady

Answer by Fairlady at 12:48 AM on Dec. 19, 2008