I am 40 weeks pregnant and had light blood spotting at 3am this morning. I thought maybe this was a 'show' but there was no mucus or discharge. Is this still a show?

jayne_88

Asked by jayne_88 at 2:41 AM on Jul. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Could be. But wait for contractions. It could mean you're dilating, but don't head in to the hospital until your contractions are good and regular. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:29 AM on Jul. 17, 2011

• Spotting at the end of pregnancy is normal as long as its not heavy like a period. Its your cervix getting ready and dilating. I'm also 40 weeks and I've had nothing yet, no mucus plug, no spotting. Only some bh contractions. If you want you can still call your doctor so that they know and so that you feel better about it.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 11:12 AM on Jul. 17, 2011

• yes, it could be. I could also be a bleed after sex if you've had that. I bled a little after sex in the last few weeks with my last ones. Things are very soft down there. x
    Womanhood

Answer by Womanhood at 12:48 PM on Jul. 17, 2011