Is it normal...

I am 36 and a half weeks pregnant, and I have nightmares of things going wrong at birth. My pregnancy has been uncomplicated and both baby and I have been healthy. So why do I feel so nervous about birth and things going wrong, especially w/o bad history in the family? Is it normal for me to feel this way?

mandylynn19875

Asked by mandylynn19875 at 1:30 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• its normal we all have a fear that something could go wrong. with my first i had a easy pregnancy nothing went wrong but i was scared to death of something going wrong during delivery. Its a normal feeling for a first timer and even after that im having my second and im scared things could go wrong still.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Ye, totally normal..i went through a phase where I wondered if she would be ugly..lol
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Its normal to have crazy dreams when you are pregnant. I had one that my baby came out a boy last night, and I am having a girl..LOL Try and meditate, or sit quietly and close your eyes on the floor with your legs crossed. Light a candle, and clear your mind. Try and think of only things that relax you. It is what I do when I have some insomnia...:) HUGS~
    Unbroken_Amanda

Answer by Unbroken_Amanda at 1:39 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• very normal to have psycho strange dreams while pregnant!
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 1:39 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• because things can go wrong, everyone doesnt have a healthy pregnancy or labor and delivery and you know it, its normal to be afraid
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 2:49 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• When I was like 8 months pregnant, with my first child, I had this dream that I was in labor and it was time to push, but no matter what, she wouldn't come out. The doctor told me she was stuck and that they were going to have to use those forceps (salad forks) on her. I sat up and threatened to punch him if he came anywhere near me or my baby with those things. It felt so real! I woke up laughing because it's so me to actually say something like that! And I was worried about her getting stuck and them having to use those salad forks on her...and that they would do something wrong and hurt her and cause some crazy birth defect. So yeah, I think it's normal to dream about it if it worries you.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 3:31 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• When I was like 8 months pregnant, I had this dream that I was in labor and it was time to push, but no matter what, she wasn't coming out. The doctor said she was stuck and he said they were going to have to use forceps to get her out. In my dream, I sat up and threatened to punch the doctor in his face if he came anywhere near me or my baby with those things. I woke up laughing about it because it is so me to do something like that! That dream felt so real, too. And I was worried about this happening and something going wrong with the forceps and her getting hurt because of it. I had heard so many bad stories about forceps. it's very normal to dream about stuff that worries you.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 3:34 PM on Dec. 18, 2008