should i have a party for my 3 yr old next month

as far as im concerned a child does not know its theyre birthday unless u tell them.but im thinkin of haveing a party for my eldest dd . but iduunno we might not even have the money to throw it should i or not?

michmm03

Asked by michmm03 at 5:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i say you should have a small 1. we are broke also. so for my sons 1st birth day we through his party at mcdonals.its realy cheap.they provide happymeals for the kids,cake and ice cream. we had 10 kids at my sons party and it was suposed to be 30$ but it came out to 15 idk how.
    juggalettes

Answer by juggalettes at 6:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• At 3 they really don't understand. I had a party for my daughter at 3 but I invited her grandparents and godparents only. I didn't have a "real party" until she was school age and KNEW it was her birthday :-)
    TravnGabsmom

Answer by TravnGabsmom at 5:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Yes, have a party. That doesn't mean you have to spend a bunch of money. You shouldn't spend money that you can't afford on the party. You can just make it a family party, but make it special. Put up some signs or streamers. Perhaps just invite a few friends in for cake. You could even plan a cook out with a few close ppl and have them bring a dish and you make the cake. Nothing fancy , just toss on some hotdogs.
    ChattyWifePlus2

Answer by ChattyWifePlus2 at 6:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• until my oldest was school age we just had a cake a few presents and family over for dinner. my son will be turning 3 in two weeks, and that is what we will be doing! hope this helps
    kristyann

Answer by kristyann at 6:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Even though my daughetr didnt really understand it was her b-day she still enjoyed her party. We invited close family and a few of her cousins that were close to her age. She just enjoyed having all the attention for a few hours!!
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 8:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I think you should have one. My daughter just turned 3 June 29 and we gave her a party and she knew exactly what was going on she was going around telling everyone it was her birthday and that she was 3 now! She had a blast w/ all her friends. But if you cant afford much just throw a small one you wont regret it I promise. After seeing my lil girls excitement at her party I say def. have one!!
    SharonMosher

Answer by SharonMosher at 9:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• You can just celebrate with family member, then you dont' have to worry about cleaning house and buying food. A private family birthday party is as special as a big party.

I do my children's b-day party every 5 years. My 5 year old just had his in Feb. I spend like a pro on his b-day, prefect, memoriable and successful!
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 9:55 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I can spend because it only happens every 5 years.
    yoshiki56

• They will absolutely remember their 3rd birthday... a great majority of children have a great long-term memory around that age! Even if you just have a small party with family, it will be fun for your child! Enjoy it!
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 10:55 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• with my 2 year old this year I am just having cake and ice cream with family and close friend's but I am not over bording it, last year I went all out,and thought while cleaning after and knowing the money spent that he's to little to care right now, so i'll invite his favorite people this year and fam. that is it. good luck and don't feel bad about it.
    sillybabys

Answer by sillybabys at 1:09 AM on Jul. 14, 2008