My 2 year old daughter has a rash on her hands?

My daughter woke up at about 4am screaming, took me about an hour to get her back to sleep. This morning when we got up I noticed that she had red patches on her hands and some little bumps and the bumps were raised when I rubbed my finger over them. I looked at her feet and one foot has a few bumps creeping up on it as well. No fever.

I have been feeling super nauseated and have been throwing up but no rash or anything and no fever.

I work at a daycare and she goes there and I'm trying to decided whether I should take her to Urgent Care tonight, call off and take her to her pediatrician tomorrow or just wait it out.

What do you ladies think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Jul. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If she otherwise acting normal, and no fever, I would wait, but if your doubts are telling you to go to urgent care do it....

Answer by older at 10:04 AM on Jul. 17, 2011

• This is the season for Hand Foot and Mouth disease. I had this a few weeks ago and it started out with a sore throat, then body aches and chills, and then a rash on my hands and feet. My doc told me that its easy to get, and its mostly in the summer you can get it. Just a thought... Good Luck!
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 10:05 AM on Jul. 17, 2011

•  Your DD has either eczema or bug bites. You, your might pregnant. 

Answer by louise2 at 10:07 AM on Jul. 17, 2011

• My description of her hands sound nothing like bug bites and I'm not an idiot...I know what bug bites look like. This is a RASH on her hands...almost looks like blisters and big, red, tough areas.

I had one child, I know when and if I can be pregnant and considering I haven't had intercourse in 3 months (hubby is deployed) and I've had my period and taken a test recently...I think it's safe to say I probably have a virus.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:12 AM on Jul. 17, 2011

• bring her to the ER then. Tell me what they say about the RASHES/bug bites/eczema:)

Answer by louise2 at 10:16 AM on Jul. 17, 2011

• Don't let her put her hand in her mouth! Sounds like (hand, foot & mouth disease) - and can be painful - especially when it hits the mouth! Go to an express care or call your Doc. right away!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 10:26 AM on Jul. 17, 2011

• Sounds like hand foot and mouth disease. Very contagious.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:44 AM on Jul. 17, 2011

• " Your DD has either eczema or bug bites. You, your might pregnant. "

eczema is typically on the ARMS and LEGS or even the face, it's not typically found on the hands or soles of the feet.. and bug bites, again you'd find them elsewhere..

but I do agree with the rest, it sounds like hand,foot, and mouth disease.. it's mildly contagious, but typically picked up in day cares.. it's mostly seen in young children, however your immune system is stronger so you may only be experiencing a small part of it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:55 AM on Jul. 17, 2011

• Sounds like hand foot & mouth disease to me also.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 11:12 PM on Jul. 17, 2011