my son is 6 months and seems never full?

Ever since my son was 3 months old he screams after a bottle. Im not one of those parents who feeds them 5 oz. He eats 8-10oz! ever 3-6 hrs! He even will eat bananas occasionally or some type of baby food and he screams for a good 5 minutes.He does settle down but I dont know what to do. How many scoops of formula do you put in a 10 oz bottle before a try that?

Lauren2008

Asked by Lauren2008 at 1:45 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I disagree with the below response. from vakatia...formula should still be the main food. It has been written, by the baby whisper in fact, that "eating until 1, should be just fun". They still need milk, first and foremost milk. that is where the nutrients are, that baby food isn't as nutritious as the stuff that is put in the milk. Go with the milk first and then food. I would say that he is too young for so much milk....8 oz would be my limit, but definitely food on a regular basis now, but again, after the milk

blackwellqk

Answer by blackwellqk at 4:06 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• 5 scoops of formula for a 10 oz bottle.

It sounds to me like he should be eating baby food regularly, not occasionally. We started Kaylee at 5 months eating cereal in the mornings and having a jar of baby food "dinner" or veggies at night, and it has calmed the savage beast within her.

Is he screaming while you are feeding him or directly after? Is it gas pains? Maybe try some gas drops in his bottle and see if that helps (you can't overdose on the gas drops, so no worries on that)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:49 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Every 2 ounces is 1scoop of formula...so a 10 oz bottle would be 6 scoops of formula....i would give him some baby food first then a bottle......he is geting older so he needs more then just a bottle....
    nesamama

Answer by nesamama at 1:49 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• neamama, try your math again. Its 5 scoops. Not 6. 6 would be for 12oz.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:51 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Are you sure he is not screaming due to belly ache? You really shouldn't be giving him that much because that is A LOT. Try the 6 ounces with 3 big spoons of baby food or a big spoon of cereal in it. The cereal stops them up more so I perfer the baby food more. I don't think it's the ammount you are feeding him I think it's the thickness. That formula is no longer satisfying him because he is ready for solids. Thicken the milk up and start feeding him and quit giving him that much. He wants something that sticks to his tummy, I really don't think he wants MORE just something that will actuall stick to him. Can you imagine drinking for hunger? My son went through this and the problem was solved after I started doing this.
    Anonymous

• it sounds like he is in need of having baby food as a main meal and having formula as a side... at about 6months when they start wanting about 10oz of formula you should feed them solid food first and then when they either dont want any more or you get 1/2 way through the jar you should give them 5oz of formula. (Obviously quantities will depend on the child)
    just start a meal with food then if they still seem to want more suplement by giving a small bottle afterwards.
    formula shouldnt be the main food anymore.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 1:57 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• CAROLYN BARNETT JUST DOT BE SO PISSY
    Anonymous

• CAROLYN BARNETT- I UNDERSTAND THAT I WAS WRONG ABOUT THE SCOOP OF FORMULA BUT GEEZ LADY WHY BE A SNOT AND POINT IT OUT....COME ON......
    nesamama

Answer by nesamama at 7:27 PM on Dec. 18, 2008