My Ex Husband & Live in Boyfriend

My ex husband and live in boyfriend are making me insane. Neither of them have anything nice to say about the other. I can't drop my kids off to their Dad's if I have my boyfriend in the car, because I'm afraid that an altercation will arise. How do you get your ex to let go, and get your bf to accept that he is my kids father??? And to be at the very least quiet about each other. It puts my kids and myself in a very awkward position.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• What is going on between your X and BF I hope it is not happening in front of the kids..if it is they both need to relax...what ever they feel about eachother needs to be addressed away from the children.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 1:51 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• emphasize the importance of the civility for the sake of the Mean comments make the kids feel like they have to. choose sides and that isn't fair to them
    mom2alan

Answer by mom2alan at 1:51 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Lay. Down. The. Law.

Be direct, be sweet, but tell them that under NO circumstances will EITHER of them talk badly about each other in front of the children.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:19 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Don't bring your BF to your XDH house....thats rude, disrespectuful, and just asking for trouble. Tell them both you don't need thier opinions of the other one, they have nothing to do with each other.
    thats_karma

Answer by thats_karma at 3:15 PM on Dec. 18, 2008