how often should i be going to the doctors?

im 17 years old and 4 1/2 months pregnant, i have only been to the doctors twice. how ofter should i be going?

babygirl253

Asked by babygirl253 at 1:57 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Once a month right now.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 1:58 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• its once a month until you get to be alot closer than its every 2 weeks then every week until you have your baby.
    nicholelpb

Answer by nicholelpb at 1:59 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• every 4 weeks untill you get further along some where around 30wks i think you start going every two weeks and then at around 35 weeks its once a week till your baby is born.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:00 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• When you go into the doctor, the doctor should be telling you (at the end of your visit) when they expect you back, and you should be making the appointment before you leave.

But yes, the above ladies are correct, it is once a month until about 34 weeks, then its every 2 weeks, then at around 36 or 37 weeks it is once a week.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:03 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• when is your next appt?
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 2:45 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I go once a month and im 20 weeks,except this month im going twice for my blood work results.
    alaina_20

Answer by alaina_20 at 4:28 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• well im 17 to and i was going every 4 weeks till my last visit
    i am 30 wks right now and im going once every three wks
    but i think its just once cuz of christmas
    then i am gonna start every 2 wks
    so once every 4 wks till about 30 wks
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 4:31 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• i was going every 4 weeks until now. my next appointment is 3weeks. which works out because its right after the holiday. after that i am not sure. i am 27 weeks now so i am wondering if it would change to every 2 weeks after this next visit. well i will find out. he told me on my last visit in november that i would be getting closer appointment dates. its very important to be on top of that and make sure u go. do whatever it takes to take of yourself and the baby.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:16 AM on Dec. 20, 2008