Do stay at home moms need alot of kids ?

How many kids did you plan on having in the beginning? How many kids do you have now? Are you planning to have any more? Do you believe that stay at home moms need to have alot of kids? What do you consider alot of kids?

I'm just wondering because i read on someones blog that to be a stay at home mom you have to have alot of children , which i totally think is not true ! I have 6 boys ; Nathan Kohl Atticus 13, Jacob Crew 7, Keagan Theodore 6, Cameron Cade 4, Kyan Shaant 2 and Casen Elan 9 months. In the beginning we wanted 3, 2 boys and a girl but we kind of got carried away in the search for our little princess and ended up with 6 boys ! I want another one because i have a feeling its going to be a girl but not for a while ! I think everyone one has an opinion on what is alot , i ithnk everone can have as many kids as you want but you need to be able to care and provide for each child.

6boys_

Asked by 6boys_ at 1:59 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in General Parenting

• wow see i think 6kids is alot but i also think if you enjoy having your babies and you can take care of them the way they need then you should have as many kids as you want.

I have one boy Dezmond Layton who is 7
    One on the way in april
    and its going to be a boy lol go figure and i would like to try for one more but i dont think i wana wait 7years again lol more like 18months or 2yrs. I to want my little girl.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I have one child. I'm 34 years old. He's 1 yr old. I quit a professional, well paid job to stay at home with him until he is about 2-3 years old. I'll have to return to work at that point. If I were younger, I'd love to have one more, but I think that he's going to be an only child.
    Anonymous

• as long as you can support each and everyone w,o states help...yes everyonce in awhile you may have to...i am talkig about living off the state go for it

i have twin boys.
    I always wanted 4 kids.
    might not have anymore unless i adopt i have a 98% chance of twins or higher mult. so i am scared!!! plus i almost died with them. The doc said it would be a big risk.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 2:04 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I have one 2 year old daughter. I am a day care provider so I think that falls along the lines of a stay at home mom! I also have a 13 year old stepdaughter and a 10 year old stepson who live with their mother. My husband and I want to have one more baby and then we will be done. We have been TTC for about 6 months with no luck!
    I think that as long as your husband makes enough to support your family it's fine. Plus a lot of Stay at home mommies work from home! In my case I make more money doing daycare than I did with an outside job!
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 2:10 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I have 1 18mo old and we are trying for another but I do't know how many more we will have. I just want to make the most of my time with my daughter
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 2:29 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• We planned 2, have 2 and don't plan on having more. I'm a SAHM because we can afford it (dh works his ass off so we can) and I don't want to send them to daycare. To me, 4 kids is a lot! I can't imagine having 6! I just don't have the patience for it I guess!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 2:45 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I am a stay at home mom and have one 3 year old girl and that is all we would like to have but I also watch kids at my house. So she always has someone to play with. Her Fathers side of the familly is very big I always have other peoples kids so it all works out.
    Anonymous

• I think that if you have a lot of kids you almost need to be a SAHM, but I don't think you need a lot of kids to be a SAHM. I'm a SAHM with two boys (3 and 1) and one baby on the way. Hopefully my little princess, but with my luck it'll be another boy, lol. I think when you get to five, that's a lot of kids. But then, I plan on having 7, so go figure. I always planned on having at least 4, and a max of 8.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 2:58 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I have 4 kids now. I dont think it matters or anyone's business how many you have. You dont have to have alot of kids to stay at home. To each their own..
    luvmykids76

Answer by luvmykids76 at 3:07 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• i have four kids now three boys and one girl i would love to have some more. i dont think that it matter how many kids you have to be a stay at home mom.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 3:13 PM on Dec. 18, 2008