If you were 44 and your mom told you....

that YOUR BODY was actually HER BODY since she gave birth to you and that as far as she was concerned you are not allowed to get any more tattoos (you have 8 with plans for AT LEAST 2 more in the works) what would you say/think/feel? Personally...the defiant person inside me things "no more, really...okay...let's get EVEN MORE tatted up then". LOL Realistically though I am really not planning too many more past a wrist bracelet on my right arm and a family tree on my right leg (of course anyone with tattoos knows that the famous last part of the I am done sentence is....for now. LOL. My left leg has somehow become my memorial leg as all of my tattoos on that leg are for someone or something important so there will eventually be more added to it but hopefully over a MANY YEAR span and not all at once. But honestly...I am 44, married since I was 18, raised 4 sons who are 20, 21, 24 and 25....I think I can make my very own choices at this point. And my husband is okay with the tattoos I have and his money pays for them so I think that is all that matters. She's in TX, I am in OH, she didn't raise me...I haven't asked her for permission for a VERY LONG time (since I was 8) so I am not starting now. I smiled, laughed and said "well, there's a couple more in me". She did tell me NOT to get a memorial tattoo for her on my leg when she dies....so of course it will be a BIG piece dedicated to her. LOL

tracylynnr67

Asked by tracylynnr67 at 5:31 PM on Jul. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• Easier said than done, but I'd do what I wanted. She has her own body, you have your own body. Does HER body belong to HER mother??? No. That's just a little too controlling.
    samantha208

Answer by samantha208 at 5:34 PM on Jul. 17, 2011

• I'd tell her to bite me. That while she gave birth to me, her responsibility over my body ended when I turned 18 and became and adult.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:31 PM on Jul. 17, 2011

• I would laugh and say... "Okay Mom". Then do what ever the hell I want.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:32 PM on Jul. 17, 2011

• I would probably laugh!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 5:33 PM on Jul. 17, 2011

• Sounds like she just doesn't know how to say that she doesn't like your tattoos.

My mom is on the looney side but usually just does the projection thing. Maybe that is what your mom is doing but also tying it into the physical.

Either way, you are 44. You can do what you want with your body.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2011

• if i were 44..and i will be in a few years....and my mom told me to not do something...LMBO! how about ''if i were an adult, not dependent on my mom, financially or otherwise..''

i don't think i have to say anything more.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2011

• I would be pissed and get even more but that's just me
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 5:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2011

• I'm not even a tattoo person, and I'm 50, but it's obviously YOUR body. I would just ignore her and do what you want.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:36 PM on Jul. 17, 2011

• I'm 42 and have no tats, but my mother would never tell me what to do with my body as she CHOSE to have me because she wanted children and we never owed her anything.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:39 PM on Jul. 17, 2011

• I'd tell thank you for the donation of cells, but like any donation it's up to the donor to handle the donations and while they are appreciated, once donated they are no longer yours.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:41 PM on Jul. 17, 2011