baby cereal???

okay so today was the first time i've fed my 4 1/2 month old son baby cereal. i mixed about 1 1/2 of breast milk with a little cereal, and i was just wondering if i could store what he didnt eat? like in a bottle and then reheat it under hot water later. and how often should i be feeding him this? like once a day or what? i have no idea! please help, i'm a first time mommy.

havingaboy08

Asked by havingaboy08 at 2:07 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• THROW IT AWAY...AND AS LONG AS HE DOESN'T GET CONSTIPATED U CAN GIVE TO HIM FOR BREAKFAST LUNCH AND DINNER...
    BOTH MY KIDS WERE BOTH STARTED ON CEREAL BEFORE THE WERE 3 WKS TO HELP THEM SLEEP LONGER..
    THAT'S JUST HOW MY FAMILY DOES IT, MY GRANDMOTHER, HER MOTHER AND WERE ALL FINE AND MY KIDS ARE GREAT..DON'T NEED A STUDY TO TELL ME WHAT I SHOULDN'T DO
    I'M NOT SURE WHAT STATE UR IN BUT IN CALIFORNIA WE HAVE A PROGRAM CALLED WIC(WOMAN,INFANT AND CHILDREN)THEY HELP PROVIDE WITH THE THINGS U NEED AS FAR AS NUTRITION AND WHAT TO GIVE UR KIDS AND WHAT AGE AND THE START ISSUING YOU CEREAL FOR THE BABIES AT AGE 4 MONTHS
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:38 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• If his saliva has be in it,its best not to same with baby food as he gets older.
    Lauren2008

Answer by Lauren2008 at 2:16 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• i would toss it.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 3:28 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I would just throw it away when he is done. Right now he just needs the cereal to practices with his solids and ease his system into digesting this. He doesn't need it for nutricanal value. So I would just mix up a little bit and give it to him maybe once or twice a day. Also with my son, he doesn't care if things are warm or cold so most of the time I never even heat anything up.
    Anonymous

• First, no, you should not save it. Second, you really should rethink giving your baby cereal before 6 months. Here is a great article that explains why the World Health Organization, the American Academy of Pediatrics, the US Department of Health and Human Services and UNICEF all say babies should not get anything but breastmilk or formula before 6 months.

http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/solids/delay-solids.html
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 4:24 PM on Dec. 18, 2008